Laptop Processor Upgrade

Madison Motorsport
This post is 5483 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right, so I have at the moment:

manufacturer : Intel®

type : Intel® Celeron® M Processor 440

clock speed : 1.86 GHz

Front Side Bus : 533 MHz

1st level cache : 32 KB

2nd level cache : 1 MB

core voltage (AC) : 1.0 - 1.3 V

co-processor : integrated in processor

Can I replace this with:

Intel Celeron D 347 3.06GHz Socket 775 533MHz 512KB L2 Cache OEM Processor

* sSpec number - SL9XU

* CPU Speed - 3.06MHz

* Bus Speed -533MHz

* L2 Cache size - 512KB

* Manufacturing Technology - 65nm

* Thermal Power Design - 86W

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

even then i doubt the mainboard would be able to take such a high spec CPU.

you will most likely have to replace the mainboard and CPU, and on a laptop that is easier said than done

Would that be 2 or 4 stroke????? :huh:

The Celeron you have, has a 479 socket, and the one that you want to buy has a 775 socket.

That is to say , that it does not fit.

This will suit your motherboard :

INTEL Core 2 Duo T7500 - 2.2 Ghz, Cache L2 4 MB Socket 479 -FSB 1000 mhz

Or the INTEL T7700,similar to the previous one, but 2.4 Ghz.

And remember that a Celeron , is the low range of Intel.

Would that be 2 or 4 stroke????? :huh:

Well perhaps is it air cooled or water cooled 'motor' there could be a difference on how the 'motor' is tuned .. but I would guess its a better bet to px it for the old R1 !

Regards Jim

F**k it then, I'll just get a new lappy :D

or get a "proper" PC and upgrade anytime :D

you can pick up a new lap top for around £350 mark about 2ghz dual core 2gb ddr2 ram 250gb hdd and 15.5inch screen

theres a lot of them about just dont get a net book they are slow and un usable with the screen size

soz bit of a pc geek (or a lot of a pc geek)

Toshiba Satellite P300 £500 :D

No room for a desktop :blink:

whatever you do it will blow up, i done it once and it caught fire it wasnt a big upgraade either, its something to do with everything being unable to corosponde my mate told me, best bet is to overclock, u have an intell they pretty good for overclockin, and the sockets have to be the same, also u would have to upgrade the motherboard, more ram to be compatible with the processor, new fans cos laptops get waaarm, and all that comes at a cost, also i would put new graqphic cards in cos it will look alot nicer and you will have the power to run them, but motherboards are expensive maaan

whatever you do it will blow up, i done it once and it caught fire it wasnt a big upgraade either, its something to do with everything being unable to corosponde my mate told me, best bet is to overclock, u have an intell they pretty good for overclockin, and the sockets have to be the same, also u would have to upgrade the motherboard, more ram to be compatible with the processor, new fans cos laptops get waaarm, and all that comes at a cost, also i would put new graqphic cards in cos it will look alot nicer and you will have the power to run them, but motherboards are expensive maaan

WTF sre you on about you must have no clue at all you never OC a laptop OCing computers if fyn but not lap tops they dont have a good enough cooling systems for that sort of abuse

i totaly agree with Overclcoking(OC) i my self have my Intel E8400 3ghz stock overcloked to 4.05ghz and i even have both of my graphics cards overclocked

and my proccesor get to 60c even with cooling like this tower_120006.jpg its 15cm tall btw and my graphics cards get up to 75c and i dont think a lap top has cooling like i do on my desk top the proccesor will be runing in to the 100c range if you overclock on a lap top and by that point the laptop will have shut down due to the heat

sorry for rant but dont like it when people missinform other people about stuf

F**k it then, I'll just get a new lappy :D

Have a look in Staples, I picked up a Toshiba Dual Core with 3Gb RAM, HUGE hard drive, wide screen, BluTooth - you name it !! for a little over £300 the week before last (for my daughter)

In the good old days, when PC's were scary building and tweeking your own was a good way of upgrading. But these days the stuff is so cheap it's just not worth the hassle of searching for the right driver combination.

Oh, when RAM was a £ per Mb ...............

Chances are it's not the proccesor that's holding you up, your OS (Opperating System) has more than probably got so many add-ins hook-ons etc that it's eating up the memory. Get rid, and get a whole new laptop, that's the easiest way forward.

Whatever you buy, shop around and barter, it's a buyers market

Having had a shuffle round, and being moaned at by the better half ("You won't be able to upgrade it ", etc, etc), I've decided to do a custom build tower. Toying with various ideas for spec at the mo but so long as my graphics card supports graphics shader, that's all I'm fussed about.

WTF sre you on about you must have no clue at all you never OC a laptop OCing computers if fyn but not lap tops they dont have a good enough cooling systems for that sort of abuse

i totaly agree with Overclcoking(OC) i my self have my Intel E8400 3ghz stock overcloked to 4.05ghz and i even have both of my graphics cards overclocked

and my proccesor get to 60c even with cooling like this tower_120006.jpg its 15cm tall btw and my graphics cards get up to 75c and i dont think a lap top has cooling like i do on my desk top the proccesor will be runing in to the 100c range if you overclock on a lap top and by that point the laptop will have shut down due to the heat

sorry for rant but dont like it when people missinform other people about stuf

well i over clocked my hp and it is workin just fine

must have done it about a year ago too.

also i am more of a programer i dont reli know about the technical doooodaaa thats why i sugested overclocking

but thank you for telling me i was wrong, should i stop overclocking my laptop so much then?

Towers are where its at. i've upgraded my graphics card on the main system and built a backup unit out of spares and freebies (1.2ghz AMD, 40gb HDD, Linux OS) and i can safely say a tower is your best bet.

make sure you have good cooling though, a decent cooling system is the difference between a reliable and effecient PC and one which lags, bugs and wont run GTA 3 :unsure:

I'm thinking along the lines of:

Foxconn Destroyer 780a SLI Socket AM2+ onboard VGA 7.1 channel audio ATX Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 940 3GHz Socket AM2+ 6MB L3 Cache Processor

Sapphire VAPOR-X HD4870 2GB GDDR5 HDMI DVI VGA PCI-E Graphics Card

Seagate 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache

Sony BDU-X10S Blu-Ray BD-ROM SATA Black Internal

Sony DRU-860S 22X DVD?RW DL & DVD-RAM Serial ATA Black Drive

Zalman VF1000-LED Quad Heatpipe VGA Cooler

The case also has allowance for 2x 120mm and 2x 80mm fans so I doubt cooling will present any problems :D

If I need extra cooling, I'll go water cooled :blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online