Have you noticed ? (Another Useless Post)

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 5547 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

When I woke this morning, it was almost daylight - brilliant!!!

And just to add, it was well after 18:00, before the night fell good and propper.

Spring is on the way, dry roads, warm breeze, bees, wasps, flies - roll on May 23rd!!

Clocks change in less than 4 weeks, then it'll be getting close to 20:00 before the night falls, just think of all that riding time we've got coming.....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

or just switch your lights on and be really daring ride in the dark

sorry mate it just made me laugh dry roads warm breeze, we live in hope

We got freezing temps on the way apparently though - we aint done yet!

Although i get up at half 5 to take the dog out and its pitch black - but when i get home around 6am its light!

Spring is on the way, dry roads, warm breeze, bees, wasps, flies - roll on May 23rd!!

All over the visor, leathers n bike :crylaugh:

Yeah, know what you mean though....cant bloody wait! Its p***ing down here in Stoke today...proper dreary :shakeno:

Bring on the warmth / dry :jossun:

Don't really care so long as it ain't raining/snowing/freezing.

Even then, half of that I can dress against.

Yep apparently snow from wednesday :-(

Hope not, cos have a nice ride this weekend riding in my new bike all the way up norf' ayyee !!

Finally got my new bike, although bought it a couple of weeks back, had to wait for the new reg date - 2nd March. It was torture couldn't sleep properly cos of excitment.

The bike goes like a rocket, really tempting to take it passed 55mph !! But ..... can't haavvvee ... to .. waaiiitt........

only a week due to trip. It'll be 400 mile round trip, plus bits here and there it will be ready for its first service next week woahoo !!!

Yeah crap weather !!

I remember getting hail stoned in june over blackmore gate in devon ,ouch!!

All over the visor, leathers n bike :crylaugh:

Yeah, know what you mean though....cant bloody wait! Its p***ing down here in Stoke today...proper dreary :shakeno:

Bring on the warmth / dry :jossun:

oh yep :(

The weather was warmish a few days back, and now its crap!

Ahh well, hopefully the weather will improve by the time my bike gets here towards the end of the month.

This is not what you call snow today :frosty: I remember when we had five foot of the stuff, that's what I call snow.

Down here in Stoke in 76 we had snow in June as I was driving to work on a noon shift. One week later we had one of the hottest summers on record.

Here's hoping. ......... goldwing_smilie.gif

This is not what you call snow today :frosty: I remember when we had five foot of the stuff, that's what I call snow.

Down here in Stoke in 76 we had snow in June as I was driving to work on a noon shift. One week later we had one of the hottest summers on record.

Here's hoping. ......... goldwing_smilie.gif

'76 was definately a very bizarre year....twas the year I was conceived too :crylaugh: plenty of strange things came out of that year - me included :lol:

Down here in Stoke in 76 we had snow in June

Wasn't that the year there was a water shortage? Long hot summer and all......... I know Stoke can bit a bit 'out there' I could be wrong, after all I was only 8........

Wasn't that the year there was a water shortage? Long hot summer and all......... I know Stoke can bit a bit 'out there' I could be wrong, after all I was only 8........

I VAGUELY remeber a water shortage - but i was only 6 lol

Wasn't that the year there was a water shortage? Long hot summer and all

Yip that was the year I think when we had stand pipes.... Happy days Happy days. :D

You notice now-a-days one week of sunshine and we get a hose pipe ban.

'76 was definately a very bizarre year

i was only 6 lol

Lies... :P

dont know what you are all complaining about, i was riding all through xmas, all through the snow and the pissing rain on my trusty thrusty DT50MX, no fairings, no heated grips, very little in terms of a headlight, just my dad's old leathers to keep me warm and the moonlight to guide me home. it hasn't let me down since i sent the old big bore into meltdown and i ride it whatever the weather

then again, i dont have a choice...

We got freezing temps on the way apparently though - we aint done yet!

Yep apparently snow from wednesday :-(

There you all go with your negative vibes......... now look what's happened, 15mm of the white stuff in 20 minutes last night. The gritters have gone off on thier summer holidays and the we've got Roxanne Pallet dancing on ice past the front door (she's still not very good though)

Now, can we all think 'Hot sunn and a warm breeze', birds singing, wasps stuck in your lid, that pesky midge in your eye, melted tarmac, the blast of a hot exhaust while you're sitting in traffic waiting for the lights, leathers that are stuck to your legs when you get home, you know the feeling - Summer, or here in Cumbria, May23rd........

There you all go with your negative vibes......... now look what's happened, 15mm of the white stuff in 20 minutes last night. The gritters have gone off on thier summer holidays and the we've got Roxanne Pallet dancing on ice past the front door (she's still not very good though)

Now, can we all think 'Hot sunn and a warm breeze', birds singing, wasps stuck in your lid, that pesky midge in your eye, melted tarmac, the blast of a hot exhaust while you're sitting in traffic waiting for the lights, leathers that are stuck to your legs when you get home, you know the feeling - Summer, or here in Cumbria, May23rd........

Well those positive vibes you're sending certainly are helping in my part of Kent. Sunny !!

Hence, will put some miles on me'bike today too :-)

When I think summer I think: girls/women scantly clad, sun, heat, leathers, smell of oil, burning rubber tyres, more girls, shinny chrome, more girls, empty open roads!! and finally .... nice cold beer - Summer

Summer?

Here's what I think,,

P9100106.JPG

Greece, the mountains and Kleftiko.......

P3250063.JPG

OK, so it's a Honda, but that Morroco in the background, happy days!!!

P3250064.JPG

Yes, that Honda again, but Andalucia, Gods Motorcycle Playground!

22032008.jpg

Of course, the Pyrenees in May can be a bit tricky at times.....

There you all go with your negative vibes......... now look what's happened,

an Oddball referance from Kellys' Heros? :huh:

can't wait till summer, will hopefully be going on a few rideouts when a few more of my mates have got peds, gonna be a blast :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online