Motorway cops

pilninggas
This post is 5670 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just watched motorway cops on bbc1. I do find those programs entertaining (not the awful american cop shows tho!). But it pissed me off at the end, is there anypoint in wasting money on a police force, if what they do achieves sod-all. One chinese illegal imigrant got 3 points and £75 fine for no license. Anothe guy who fled the scene of a crash (which utilised several police units and closed one side of the motorway) got off scott-free as there was insufficient evidence and a guy in a nicked motor got a community sentence (probably didnt turn up) even though he nicked a car and caused a -mile tailback. A polish lorry drive who fucked a biker up, got charged with careless driving, but has buggered off back to poland (utter disgrace). It really got up my nose for all that hassle and work by the police the outcome is totally ineffective in preventing this stuff from happening.

really wonder why i tax, insure and mot my car and bike, might as well not bother and risk a paltry fine or even just get away with it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just watched motorway cops on bbc1. I do find those programs entertaining (not the awful american cop shows tho!). But it pissed me off at the end, is there anypoint in wasting money on a police force, if what they do achieves sod-all. One chinese illegal imigrant got 3 points and £75 fine for no license. Anothe guy who fled the scene of a crash (which utilised several police units and closed one side of the motorway) got off scott-free as there was insufficient evidence and a guy in a nicked motor got a community sentence (probably didnt turn up) even though he nicked a car and caused a -mile tailback. A polish lorry drive who fucked a biker up, got charged with careless driving, but has buggered off back to poland (utter disgrace). It really got up my nose for all that hassle and work by the police the outcome is totally ineffective in preventing this stuff from happening.

really wonder why i tax, insure and mot my car and bike, might as well not bother and risk a paltry fine or even just get away with it.

Having been a cop myself for several years now i agree with you. However, i'm afraid the penalties aren't decded by the police, its by the justicial system.

Having been a cop myself for several years now i agree with you. However, i'm afraid the penalties aren't decded by the police, its by the justicial system.

yeah, it guts me that the police to be working so hard, yet the justice system fails the public and the police to the point where it seems that they dont care about the consequences of these brazen law breakers.

Yup i watched that, the penalties do not seem to fit the crime, to start with the pole should have been held and charged pronto and Mr Groomes truck impounded until the case was settled i reckon, the french do that kinda thing, i can remember a story relating to an English driver that caused an accident in france and did a runner without the truck the French authorities were holding the truck until the driver came back , the trucks owner was not happy as he could not find him either, Oh and on the spot fines for foreigners like the french do for speeding english motorists, including taking your licence and baning you on the spot if you are 30mph/50 kph over the speed limit.

Merv

The justice system is crap.

Why is it crap?

Because the laws and punishements are decided, and handed out by Magistrates and Judges who have NO FUCKIN IDEA what its like to live in the real world.

Surrounded by their expensive cars, in their expensive house, probably miles from nowhere therefore practically crime-free - they have no understanding of how ordinary people are affected by crime and the people who carry out such things.

These Judges and Magistrates are all nearing pension age (and above) so were brought up in a much more law-abiding society - its time to pension these blinkered wrinklies off and employ people who actually KNOW what really goes on in todays shitty society thats full of scumbags and people who really should have been put down at birth. :madflame:

You get me in a position to decide guilt and punishment, I promise you I will SLAM these fuckers for all their (not) worth!!!

i would agree with most of the comments,it must be soul destroying to be a policeman or woman and know that the courts and the cps will either not prosecute or if they do that the punishment will not fit the crime, but as for the comment about the magistrates near pension age and coming from a more law abiding time sorry that just made me laugh,as a pensioner myself it makes me laugh when i hear people say it wasn,t like this in our day i think any older person who says that must have early oltimers disease, there was as much crime if not more then, teddy boys and mods fighting, the protests about having to wear crash helmets, ton up boys trying to go as fast as they could lots of young men were killed, queer bashing paki bashing, the krays and all the other gangs, the ice cream wars what was different was as a nation we didn,t have all this political correctness , the young were sent to borstal, prisons were not holiday camps ,hanging the birch proper punishments that was what different, i dont remember it being so bloody wonderful and did my fair share of breaking the speed limits, i must have been mad no helmet no body armour, a lucky survivor and still enjoying biking, as the oldest british biker is 93 i still have a long way to go so might have to think again about a v.max lol

The justice system is crap.

Why is it crap?

Because the laws and punishements are decided, and handed out by Magistrates and Judges who have NO FUCKIN IDEA what its like to live in the real world.

Surrounded by their expensive cars, in their expensive house, probably miles from nowhere therefore practically crime-free - they have no understanding of how ordinary people are affected by crime and the people who carry out such things.

These Judges and Magistrates are all nearing pension age (and above) so were brought up in a much more law-abiding society - its time to pension these blinkered wrinklies off and employ people who actually KNOW what really goes on in todays shitty society thats full of scumbags and people who really should have been put down at birth. :madflame:

apply to be a local Justice of the Peace or a lay magistrate - they were looking for local people around here, I'd think they do around most places. I did seriously consider applying, but mostly I'm a lazy git :unsure:

the problem magistrates and judges face is the guidelines they are given to work with.

if you want to change the way justice is done, vote the bleeding liberal politicans out!!

a paltry fine or even just get away with it.

Aye the systems fked :angry: there even talking about lettin the prisoners out early [coz the prisons are full]

But i have the answer :rolleyes: u take 10 prisoners out the back every week,- shoot them,- bury them- Then

they anounce on the tele that them cons have escaped. So the relatives are happy coz they think theyl make their

way home[someday ;) ] and we can empty the prisons in say a year, and we pay off all the officers. and save the country a fortune . eh :rolleyes:

wot u think shud i run for ELECTION :D [ By the was do the have intrnet in the prisons :o ] hope there not on here :lol:

Aye the systems fked :angry: there even talking about lettin the prisoners out early [coz the prisons are full]

But i have the answer :rolleyes: u take 10 prisoners out the back every week,- shoot them,- bury them- Then

they anounce on the tele that them cons have escaped. So the relatives are happy coz they think theyl make their

way home[someday ;) ] and we can empty the prisons in say a year, and we pay off all the officers. and save the country a fortune . eh :rolleyes:

wot u think shud i run for ELECTION :D [ By the was do the have intrnet in the prisons :o ] hope there not on here :lol:

Err apart from Drewpy...have you seen any of us out and about??? :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online