University Research Project

Charlotte_B
This post is 2657 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I am a student at Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University, conducting research into the UK consumer perceptions of luxury/premium motorcycle brands.

Please could I have a few moments of your time to fill out the below questionnaire, this questionnaire is only active for a few weeks and your contributions would be greatly appreciated.

All responses are anonymous and information collected is confidential.

https://nbsntu.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9S6aPTbRyfx6AZL

Thank you for your time,

Charlotte

(Admin, if not okay, please message me and delete post, thank you)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok Charlotte I filled it in, hope that helps, good luck with your studies.

Hi Charlotte,

I've filled it in, but, some of the wording of the questions and options is a bit confusing (including Corporate Social Responsibility with the other options meant that I couldn't use those answers, as the manufacturers don't supply readable CSR info that most regular buyers would read through, so it is not a factor in any of my decisions). Hopefully my answers reflect my true thoughts

I've filled it in, but the way it was worded and laid out honestly makes it a little difficult to give genuine feedback, it seems to favor a "this or that" approach to answers, you'd probably get better feedback if you allowed people to reply in a text format.

• Like 1

Tried to fill it out but the questions are bad. They are too specific, very digital.

Motorcyclists buy bikes for many reasons, we also generally have more than one. It may well be a basket case 'one day I will' or a sunny sunday classic, or a little dirty secret, (yes kept in a garage away from the wife, it happens). It makes questions like which country of origin, do you buy for practical etc pointless. Same person buying different bikes for different reasons that your questions don't accommodate. I would have to fill it out 4 times.

You need to open the options up.

Why the weird list of manufacturers? you include Norton but leave out other British makes, you include Ducati but leave out Aprilia, (a pretty big one to leave out if you ask me). KTM but no Husqvana.

And finally why put classic and custom in the same group, like putting cows and horses in the same stable. They both have 4 legs and eat grass, not the same though.

• Like 1

Yup - unfortunately for Charlotte she seems to not have a great understanding of what makes motorcyclists tick. 

Not meaning any disrespect to you Charlotte, but I'm assuming you a of a youthful disposition and have a narrower view of motorcycling than many of us long-time bikers on here.

i recently had an exchange of emails with someone "in the know" regarding the industry view of potential customers and the best types of customers to target, and it seems as though we more mature, experienced, motorcyclists are elements of the past in the minds of the manufacturers - the real future for the market is the under 30 "Hipster" type, who will concentrate on style and brand image/identity, rather than objective values such as performance, reliability, comfort, function etc. Unfortunately many/most of these potential/actual buyers don't frequent forums such as these. - they buy "individual" customised/personalised bikes, rather than dong it themselves and their perception of a brand value is much different to mine.

Done Lottie !!

Dunno what you f*ckers are complaining about - it's a generalized marketing questionnaire - simpels ;)

Good luck with the study.

I did find it put a very positive slant on the questions - The brand's level of prestige, quality and practicality.... more like their complete and utter LACK of, but there wasn't that option.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online