not so newbie

This post is 2753 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi my name is Fergus ,I'm from Falkirk ,Scotland I'm 68 years old ,and passed my test in 1967 I have a 1992 xv535 I like fishing  camping etc ive had various bikes over the years ,but its funny you can always remember your first bike ,mine was a ariel leader ,I passed my test on a bsa c15 and had an assortment of bikes some I liked ,some I didn't ,ive just traded in my royal enfield thunderbird ,for the virago ,I'm quite pleased with the bike ,and these forums are really good .at helping ,with problems etc

14484836_1414070935304630_4041286918603607226_n.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Fergus, welcome to the YOC. Passed my test in 1968, if yours was like mine I never even saw the tester just went round the block and found him drinking tea in the café! Happy day's.

aye the tester ,your right round the block and a couple of questions that was it you have probably heard this before ,but wizshed I had kept my brit bikes ,the last brit bike I had was a bsa spitfire I'm trying to remember other ones ,ariel leader .c15 ajs hurricane I think it was called , a triton featherbed frame t120 engine a velocette I love big singles bsa a7 shooting star its called I think starfire 250 and a triumph speed twin happy days how old are you slice

I'm 64 and getting older by the minute mate but still like to ride the bike all over so really still 16 till I look in the mirror :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, slice said:

I'm 64 and getting older by the minute mate but still like to ride the bike all over so really still 16 till I look in the mirror :lol:

In some ways, you're lucky.

I feel younger than I am and look even younger than that... more so if I shave. Had a woman at work telling me how I'd find out what a great benefit somethingorother was when I got to her age... She didn't realise I'm almost a decade her senior!!

• Like 4

:wavey: welcome to the club!

thanks for the welcome the bike is ok its been lying a bit so needs a wee bit tlc ,the collector exhaust box thing is on its way out ,I'm trying to locate a good second hand exhaust ,that does not have a collector box ,but don't want to rejet the carbs ,I thought I had seen the last of these boxes I had one on an old Honda cm400 that I had bloody nuisances ,I know a new one is about £194 black widow exhausts to dear for me