proper chuffed ive Just passed my full bike license

This post is 2870 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

#Nice 1 Stevie-boy, The answer to yr "" Q "" , is really up 2 u, Anything that drags u down, get rid, Be alert , Look after yr bike, and hopefully u have yrs of riding :D

• Like 2

My one over riding suggestion about how to ride your bike and live to enjoy it DON'T LOSE YOUR TEMPER no matter what the other morons do don't ever try to "get even" you see these muppets that smash mirrors off and kick the sides of a car for being cut up, these people didn't set out to kill or maim you or anyone else, they make mistakes like we all do and if you treat them as arseholes you should be fine. Well done passing your test, not easy nowadays and needs dedication and commitment, stay sharp and have eyes in the back of your head.

• Like 4

Everything slice said with one extra..

Treat every corner, junction, overtake that you cannot see clearly as if their is something already coming the other way.

Sage advice from my dad that saved me becoming part of the spikey thing on the back of a turning tractor. If i hadnt eased up some for the bend i doubt i would be writing this.

Congrats on the test btw.

• Like 3

Put brain in gear before you turn your right hand !!

Look at least 4/6 cars ahead, not just at the numpty ahead of you.

59 minutes ago, slice said:

....... they make mistakes like we all do and if you treat them as arseholes you should be fine.

Did you really want to write that or are there a few words missing there ?  ....... lol :lol:

• Like 4

well done, only ride as far as you can see, but watch for side roads especially. Cars find it hard to judge your speed

I always ride with a "get out" in case it goes pear shaped in front. ie keep checking mirror and plan an escape route where you can ride through without a collision. (even if its a path)

• Like 3

Congrats, as the others have said but don't forget to enjoy the ride.

Congrats! :yeah: and welcome aboard! Assume everyone is out to kill you... whether or not it's accidental. Have fun! :thumb: 

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online