Latest trick

anyoldiron
This post is 2907 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So, there was a estate auction down the road this weekend, there was a hit and miss engine that i was after, didnt care what type, ive just fancied one for a while. Well i learned a lesson, i need to be chaperoned at auctions, as i ended up with 6. The where also a few bikes there nothing really up my strasse until i spied this, i belive its a 1967 Yamaha YG1, please chime in those in the know, i would like to know if its original paint. Well i had pot a proxy bid online, but after yesterday i was i bit gun-shy,the War Dept was watching and noticed i had stopped bidding so she jumped in and brought it as a gift for my birthday, bless. For about 400 quid all in how could one go wrong. lt will get stripped, cleaned, oiled and the bare minimum of new parts to get it running right. Will pick it up Thurs on me birthday whoohoo

YF1%203_zpsm4mcjnyu.jpgYF1%202_zpsaw7vvury.jpgYF1%201_zps8jedyxqc.jpgYF1_zpsb4puuy1a.jpg

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

very nice pick up....iam no expert but it looks to be original and in very good condition....that's the way i like em

this might help you out with the colour

http://www.vmaxforum.dk/documents/Modell_Index_1958_-_2008.pdf

• Like 1

What a fantastic little bike, well done you, as above original is the thing as far as I'm concerned as well, some like to chop lumps off of their bikes but old bikes should be treated different. Look forward to the next instalment.

Same back light as the DT1.  and later , euro DT"s.   amazing, :thumb:

Thanks All , i couldn't wait until Thursday, i picked it up today 2100km round trip, not that im dedicated or anything ;) lt had some odd company on its way home, my little trailer has brought home many treasures.Hit%20amp%20Miss_zpsmajfxo9y.jpg

Will start the investigative surgery shortly...........................in other words, it will on the deck tomorrow, under the cover of darkness., will be carefully stripped, cleaned and reassembled in the house, as is fitting for such a wonderful thing.

Motor reminds me of a Fizzy, oh i miss my Fizzy.

This is what happened the last time i went on a 2000 +km trip, i had to make it a worthwhile trip, well what do you expect from ''anyoldiron'' :)

unnamed%2021_zpsmcvoqzqh.jpg

• Like 3

Good tow truck you have there my good man :lol:

WJ V8 ?

2006 WK 5.7L Hemi, chipped SRT8 mainfolds, sway bars, upgraded brakes, bilstien shocks cold air some other bits and bobs, looks bone stock, and i took the 5.7L badge of the back and put a 3.7L one on, still surprises me how many numpties fall for it. lts good for towing on this stuff

f4a1c82d-acea-4cf5-a4b3-9c6349f3d78f_zps

ffdcbc38-740b-49ee-9df5-031c550fd84a_zps

Those pictures where taken towing the Kawas through the lcefields Parkway from Banff to Jasper in Alberta Canada. Had a mate over form back home in the UK, not like this in Sussex apparently 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, anyoldiron said:

2006 WK 5.7L Hemi, chipped SRT8 mainfolds, sway bars, upgraded brakes, bilstien shocks cold air some other bits and bobs, looks bone stock, and i took the 5.7L badge of the back and put a 3.7L one on, still surprises me how many numpties fall for it. lts good for towing on this stuff

Those pictures where taken towing the Kawas through the lcefields Parkway from Banff to Jasper in Alberta Canada. Had a mate over form back home in the UK, not like this in Sussex apparently 

Yup had to have a look at mine last night for the bumper details and saw it wasn't a WJ - although I had a WJ 4.7 V8 myself before this one.

Nice rig mate ;)

Bugger me ,  a Zed 1300- H1 -H1a -and anH2 , on the trailer,  And water cooled stationary engines, in first pic,  :thumb:

How come it burning 300 miles"square in Canada,  and all that Snow,   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Close, the last one is a H1 also (look at the clocks)  the H2 is another never meet your heros, This is what i did with one i rescued, and then i rode it, they are scary alright, but theres good scary and bad scary, riding my R1 is good scary, slamming on the  brakes doing a ton on a H2 is baaaaaaad scary. But i have a plan, 130hp Denco road race tune H2 engine into a 2000 ZX7R, im calling it ZH2R. lve made the subframe the motor will be 10hp more than a stock ZX7, and about 45lbs lighter, most of the weight is from 'high' im thinking it will be quite the tool in the twistysH2%201%20before_zpsm9sesnag.jpgH2%204_zpskrpwgs88.jpgDSC08385_zpszabkbrse.jpgZH2R%205_zpsrkvodh3j.jpg

Great idea, love it!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online