New Member (Vern)

Vern
This post is 3092 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Vern, welcome to the YOC, don't matter when you start it's fun.

A little late in starting myself - while i think I'm glad I didn't do it in my teens / early twenties - I wish I'd done it earlier than I did. Get through those lessons and get a bike as soon as possible. It doesn't matter if you potter about on a 125 for a bit or go straight through DAS and get a bigger bike - everyone is different. Just do it .

Hi Vern, so you are a 'youngster' then. I started biking again when I was your age and have never regretted it. That said, having taken my direct access test and bought a Bandit 1200 I nearly killed myself 3 times within a week. I quickly realised that speed was not my friend. That's 12 years ago and I've just bought a Yamaha XVS650 and joined the club. When you get your bike, try not to follow my example. I'm much calmer now and enjoy country lanes at 50 mph max.

Trevor

• Like 2

Allo Vern, welcome to the forum. As said , never too old to start. I started when I was about 40 am now 66 and am totally enjoying retirement going to away games on the bike not having to worry about getting back because I have to get to work the next day.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online