Need help fast!

Corin Vuarrier-Lewis
This post is 3166 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, I've had my Yamaha xvs 125 Dragstar since February this year. Everything has been running fine until now. I'm not sure what is wrong with the bike but it makes a really loud sound even when idling and the top speed is 30mph, people say I should get the engine reconditioned but really would just like to fit a new engine instead, except I can't find a second hand or new engine for my model anywhere. Can you guys help?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm not sure (as I've been away and everything looks completely different), but you may need to post an introduction in the new member area before you'll get much of a response. I probably need to introduce myself again too as it's likely there are lots of new members since I was last here. 

• Like 1

I probably need to introduce myself again too as it's likely there are lots of new members since I was last here. 

Nah - *I* remember you Sash, so that'll probably get you past the forum bouncers!!

• Like 1

Glad you back Sacha, where you been?

Sacha, who is that???? Just kidding, welcome back.

• Like 1

You would be very fortunate to fnd a second hand engine indeed

Your description of the problem isnt very good. Is it a continuous noise, where does the noise come from,, when did it start-at start up or on a run. Is it firing on one or both cylinders

Nah - *I* remember you Sash, so that'll probably get you past the forum bouncers!!

aw! Thanks for remembering me Ttaskmaster! :) 

Glad you back Sacha, where you been?

Trying to keep up with school work, house work, yard work, and work work. :huh: and when I'm not doing that I'm riding the shit outta that bolt. :P

Sacha, who is that???? Just kidding, welcome back.

It's true... I'm here, then I'm gone again. :ph34r: 

The sacha pimpernel

sink me

Is that DT175   roaded yet.            :popcorn:

um, still having issues. She idles well, but as soon as I give her some gas she just bogs down and barely goes. Trying to get some garage time this (long) weekend. :huh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online