Does anyone bike ever feel different some days?

sunsprie
This post is 3274 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I love my dragstar 650 but today I was out on her and it just felt different from usual. I don't really know how to explain it. I'm pretty certain nothing is wrong with the bike just some days it feels different from others lol. This ever happen to anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yeap, sometime I feel is not my bike. sometime, because of the weather probabbly (cloudy, raining), I feel like I run with 50 m/h but when I look at speedometer is over 65 m/h. this thing also modify my perception about the power. this is never happening in a sunny day. anyway, this is not happening in all cloudy or raining days... just sometime... strange thing.

Yesterday I took these 2 attachments that where for a windscreen on the bike, I didn't realise if I done this the forks would rise up, which they did. Well one did, I didn't take the other attachment of the other side. I had to lift the handle bars up with a friends help and put the screw in again. I think this has what has give me the weird feeling lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really know how to explain it. I'm pretty certain nothing is wrong with the bike just some days it feels different from others lol. This ever happen to anyone else?

Yes.

A lot of it is down to you and the changes in mood, weather, how much sleep you've had, how hungry you are, and so on. The bike remains the same, but your riding alters.

However, messing with parts, especially those affecting something as fundamental as the forks, will have a notable effect!

• Like 1

That will be the damp in the air Kev, well known fact that if you ride through fog your bike will go faster, well till you hit something you can't see of course. In the 1930s ( and no I was not there then) they tried all sorts of things to make the cars go faster, one of which was blowing steam into the airbox to increase the compression worked fine flat out but slowed down it blew the top of the cylinders off cos water don't compress.

• Like 1

Its the first sunny days, late March early April.

The air is still ice cold but there is enough sun to warm the roads and yourself.

And OP, you are nicely tuned into your bike to feel it like that but it was trying to tell you you had done something wrong. Same as mine did. Before it went pop.