What to wear with textiles...?

Ttaskmaster
This post is 3298 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Heya,

Bit of a weird one, but after many years of wearing leathers I'm finally trying out textiles. M&P had a sale, so I grabbed me some discounted trews to go with my jacket.

However...

When worn on their own, the trousers get all clammy inside and feel like I'm wearing old plastic waterproofs on bare skin.
When worn with the quilted liner, they are insanely hot and itchy. Same for having jeans on underneath.

I thought it was just because they were £50 cheapies so tried a friend's £150 RST ones, but they're the same too...

So the question is - What do y'all wear under yer textiles while remaining comfy?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I use the compression undergarments that Aldi sell. they wick away any sweat and feel better overall

no issues with itchyness or heat

I don't as good as this model but you get the idea

W11_PD_Sunday_New_UK10_9655dbc6fc.jpg

you could try out the Kevlar jeans , I wear them they are comfy ,

but I havn't tried falling off my bike in them yet.

• Like 1

you could try out the Kevlar jeans , I wear them they are comfy ,

Nah, ruled those out - Not waterproof, which I guarantee I will need on the one day I don't carry a rainsuit, and they're usually cut too high for comfort in the daddy-bag area.

I do have an undersuit, Drewps, but they still just get sweaty even when it's freezing outside. :(

ride with your zip down :spin2:

Tried that... flipping things have these waterproof panels that block the fly off!!

I wore textile trousers for quite a few years but found them uncomfortable on long rides I have now switched to leathers and find them much better but of course I've not been out in really hot weather yet.

This under armour might keep you warm mate !!! brigid-ko-recycled-inner-tubes-2-537x402

This under armour might keep you warm mate !!!

Tried one of those. She got too expensive, wanting things like food and water all the time...

• Like 2

Told the wife that I wanted one of those she said "yeah right in your dreams" Think she thought I wanted the armour !!! :biglaugha:

• Like 1

So the question is - What do y'all wear under yer textiles while remaining comfy?

Just skiddies under trousers and shirt or t shirt under jacket. I never put the liners in either.

Just skiddies under trousers and shirt or t shirt under jacket. I never put the liners in either.

Hmm.... Maybe I've just gotten a bad selection of textiles to experience, then.

I've had a few makes and none seemed to be a problem. I tend to wear kevlar jeans during the summer but I don't wear anything but underwear under those either, It gets too hot. It hasn't been cold enough to put the inner thermals back in.

I have only had one pair of leather jeans and those clung when the weather was hot. I much prefer the textile or jeans feel. Presently on Alpinestars goretex textiles and Hood kevlar jeans but have had Richa and RST textiles too without issues.

Believe it or not Katie I have in fact worn tights while on the bike but it was about 40 years ago and it was mid-winter & they were really warm, one thing tho do "one size fits all" still not bloody fit anybody?

• Like 1

Stockings and suspenders. :babyha:

I'm not Tim Curry here!!

At best, I am Richard O'Brien, having now grown out of my Meatloaf period...

• Like 2

having now grown out of my Meatloaf period...

WHAT !!!
  • Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online