Advice on buying leathers apppreciated

neversaydie
This post is 3358 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hope to get some sound advice on this one.

Im looking to buy some leathers, reckoning that 2 piece are more practical for my needs, which are commuting/rideouts/occasional trackdays

I dont want to look like bertie basset, the speed hump on the back is not reqd, plain black would be fine

Been looking at these, do ya reckon these would be acceptable for the above needs?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Razor-Leather-2-pcs-Suit-Armoured-Motorcycle-1-3M-Jacket-Trousers-Gloves-/281160028509?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item417671915d

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would buy good 2nd hand rather than cheap new.

but then you need to get the right fit and it costs to get alterations made as the thread should be able to withstand the abrasion

Thought they had to be one piece suit on the track ?

no, but they need to be fixed to each other ie the zip must work

Id go for a good set of 2 piece leathers buddy, i got a pair of leather trousers for doing my CBT training off eBay for £100, should have been £250 but they where from a shop that had them as "try these on for fit" use so where classed as shop soiled (eww!! :puke: )

As Drewpy said, as long as the jacket can zip to the trousers then they are fine for track use, and make sure you buy a few sizes too big so that you can get extra warm layers on under them they get fecking cold very quick in the fresh morning air. (which im pretty sure you already know)

We're coming up to May, which is when many shops sell off last season's stock at insanely low prices. Keep an eye out, especially if said shops have stalls at bike events.

The May Day run to Hastings is a good one for that and worth having a gander, even if you don't like crowds!

Zip together. As in the zip runs all the way round not just a 4 inch bit at the back.

From experience dont have metal zips on any areas that you may slide on like wrists. They get very fkin hot.

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online