Jump off a car

HarleyJay
This post is 3530 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You'd be better off using a WR rather than your dragstar!

Seriously though is the Jeep 12 or 24v?

• Like 1

As above but don't start the jeep engine.

Any particular reason?

Most cage-to-bike jump-starts I've seen required the cage engine to be running...

If the jeep is already running then the batteries will be at closer to 14v (charging from alternator), and by linking the batteries in parallel the bike battery will also start charging from the jeep alternator,

Starting the jeep with both batteries connected will draw from the tiny bike battery and try and start the jeep, not ideal.

Adding to foamys answer, the jeep will probably be putting out a lot more charging power from its alternator and this could fry the bike battery. 12 volts are 12volts but a jeep alternator would be pushing big amps.

It will work but as said above dont start the jeep due to it pumping out too much cranking amps, you will either fry the 125 battery or thow the starter clutch out jamming it in the fly wheel or it will just stay out and not retract.

Can you not bump start it?

Ah, OK, fair enough...

You can tell I'm not big on the electrical side of things, eh!!

What's scary is some of the super lithium battery's would probably blow up if 60amps were pushed through them.

I know I am getting old when I can't quite understand battery's and charging them.

Also these lardy dar gel batteries take a week to trickle charge. Also if you take your battery out long term like when you rebuild the bike dont put it on the floor as it will earth out and discharge its self.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online