Selling the XJ 750 What price?

slice
This post is 3534 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well the time has come to sell the XJ, had it for nearly 4 years now and will be sad :bawling: to see it go but has anyone any idea about what it might be worth? Just asking cos as some of you know I rebuilt it about 4 years ago and it has all been done, looked on EBAY and even looked at Google but they are becoming pretty rare now and this one is fully finished and even has tax and test on it. Plus I have a s++t load of spares that can go with it, anyone have a useful idea about the best price? Going on EBAY this weekend and was thinking of a starter of about £800 and see if I can do a deal. I have spend well over a grand on this old bike in the last few years but realise that you never get back what you put in. If you want a look then it's in my vehicles section, not trying to sell it HERE !!!

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got loads of socks !! But warm underwear might be considered. Don't need a Monkey I got 4 cat's . :biglaugha:

I like carrot but Turnips give me gas !!! :biglaugha:

was cleaning out the kids school bag and found??? it's sealed in a tupper ware might be a sicence experment or a cure for?? and I will throw in a cheese sandwich complete with sand from the beach.

Very kind of you mate, I mean I'm quite overwhelmed with your generosity, not sure if the travelling time on a cheese sandwich from CANADA is up to my usual standards I mean 3 or 4 months on a ship and then the dreaded British POST OFFICE, they like to sample what ever you happen to have put in your post, anything really, money - birthday cards (with money) - shiny bit's of gold and silver will only arrive on the 32nd day of the month - as for a cheese sandwich if I'm lucky I might get the crust. As for the science experiment they might well recruit it and send it out to rob some other poor soul !! So if it's OK with you I will decline your most generous offer but don't think I'm being rude as I would not like to upset anyone especially my friends from over the water. :shakeno:

Slice you should no better than to ask a question like that here! its a really nice bike but you may find hard to shift with the very personal paint job, good luck on ebay mate, hope you don't get any time waster's

Bound to get a few time wasters Tommy but that's the fun of it, you can take the piss and they have nothing to say except "I don't want it" and to be honest I don't really want to sell it it's just SWMBO has a bug up her arse about me having 2 bikes. :jossun:

• Like 2

NO I still don't want a monkey or a bloody pony as for a bullseye you do know this is a site for motorcycle Foamy ? :crylaugh::chair:

No you loons! A monkey is £500! A pony is £250, a bullseye is £50...

hey foam's if you have a monkey + a pony + a bullseye then you could open the bidding on ebay!!

Ok then 4 white dry turds 3cups of gently used kitty litter 2 carrots and I will look after the monkey the pony and you can use the bulls eye on your snooker table.

Honestly you have too much money in the bike to sell it and as tommy said it's been done to your taste so It will be a hard sell,so sit her down and ask her what she would like for her 2nd birthday this year.And use it till it's worth what you can get for it, possibly it's worth more in parts?

When 1200's are going for a grand and the market there is flooded with used bikes I would think you woudl be lucky to get a grand the xj was a bit of a confused bike as it wasn't a sport or touring or crusier but a mash of a bit of all and with the carbs ycis people tend to steer clear of them.

I see your point dt50 but personally I couldn't part out a bike i'd built especially one i've put so much into, i'd rather loose money on it to a good home, but much prefer your other option of keeping her. Slice, I think in a few years time you may look back and regret selling her.

I will regret selling it but at the end of the day I'm to much of a biker to let it just sit in the garage slowly degrading, tyres and battery will fall apart if not used and bearings will slowly crap out if they are not used as well so it's got to go and who ever gets it will be well pleased cos it's the only one I have ever seen that everything works even the trip computer thingy. So regardless of how much I have put into it and the fun it has given me it's going, nuff said! :eusa_doh:

Just so you know "SOLD IT" good old ebay comes to the rescue again, got my asking price and hopefully someone will have the pleasure of tootling around on it for a good few years to come, sad to see it go :bawling: but always better to have a bike on the road then gathering dust in my workshop. :sigh2:

• Like 2

Tommy, went this morning :bawling: It was bucketing down and the guy had a 2 hour journey, it's never been out in the rain since I had it, was expecting it to melt like the wicked witch in the West !!! I shall really miss the old thumper :sigh2:

• Like 1