Finding previously owned bikes

skipwizzard
This post is 3580 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi. Today I was walking round a 'vintage' car & bike show. I was re-united with my old fizzy. It's been 34 years & brought back some great memories. This got me thinking if any of my other old rides are still out there. Does anyone have any ideas how to find out???

Thanx.................

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

there was a site called find my bike, but It may have bombed due to insufficient numbers

In Ontario, you can get a Used Vehicle Information Package just by supplying the VIN# to the MInistry of Transportation - this shows all previous owners and the current owner - maybe you have something similar over there you can check out.

Tried many many times to find my old DT50 (G237MYA, where are you now??), even wrote a letter to the DVLA asking them for info but due to data protection and all that jazz they wouldnt tell me, i keep searching eBay from time to time but as of yet i have no idea :(

Tax and mot ended december 2010.

Could be in a shed somewhere.

Yeah I saw that Cynic, it's being thrashed around a field right about now by a bunch of snotty teens, or set on fire for a laugh :biglaugha:

Steve. You have broken more DT50's for parts than anyone else I know. All were someone's pride and joy once. Every time we buy a used part from fleabay we are all guilty of killing the dreams of someone being reunited with "their" old loved bike. I probably have 100 people's dreams in my shed - but they are not getting them back.

• Like 2

Yeah I know Foamy, but you make such a BIG TARGET !! :love::hug2:

Yeah. That first proper bike after passing you test. Wonder where mine is.....27years ago now.

What could have happend to that Dt? Oh hang on. I know cos its parked in my garage.

• Like 2

My first 'big' bike went to the great motorcycle showroom in the sky after some twat in a car ran me off the road. I loved that bike and had a lump in my throat when it was taken away.

Steve. You have broken more DT50's for parts than anyone else I know. All were someone's pride and joy once. Every time we buy a used part from fleabay

I know, I'm a monster, this is why I drink to forget

• Like 1

My first 'big' bike went to the great motorcycle showroom in the sky after some twat in a car ran me off the road. I loved that bike and had a lump in my throat when it was taken away.

Are you sure the lump in your throat wasn't caused by the impact of your privates into the tank?
  • Like 1

Tax and mot ended december 2010.

Could be in a shed somewhere.

Ohh to find it and send foamy anonymous pictures of it parked at various places around the country - bliss!!

The DVLA shoukld let you, you can fill in a form v65 i think?

You can find the current owner if you have a legitimate reason. For example a bailiff wanting to see who owns a vehicle that they could seize. I wouldn't think that you once owned the vehicle is grounds enough to out trump data protection. I wouldn't want anyone calling, writing or turning up at my door because in 1978 they owned a vehicle that I now have. They shouldn't have sold it.

Yep same here you can find out who owned your vehicle before you but not the other way around,unless someone has a lien on it.Thats why we have the UVP tells you if any liens are owing before you buy.

Really though why would you hunt down your original bike,just buy one like it and fix it whats the difference. If you realy loved it you would have never sold it and its just a hunk of metal slowly disintergrating or rappidly in some cases.

I have owned so many vehicles I now wish i still had because they are worth so much more now but thats life.live ,love ,regret,and move on.

Foams thats because your not the same as you were back then, the thrill and glory has been forever lost,except in your mind.How can you expect to have the same thrills as when you were younger with no cares in the world. Keep the fond memorys and don't ever try to recapture them,it will only disapoint you. Just think of the girls you wanted when young and seen lately ROTFLMAO few and far are they desirable anymore

A new toy/girlfriend has never dissapointed me,well not to start with anyway,the past is just that ..the past. Remember the good time's and forget the bad,live for tommorow and all that! :spin2:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online