Hello, new to this forum!

Superduper
This post is 3763 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone! I'm Martin I'm a truck driver and I live in Worthing in West Sussex.

This is a great source of information and I'm slowly getting through a lot of the old threads.

I've just bought a RED Dt125 LC MK3 I think, for £30. It's a bit of a wreck and it has sat outside for a year. 26C33B40-CA02-4024-8EE5-B56C034B880D.jpg

94C55711-D9A4-4A30-8B9E-91873EDB1DE3.jpg

I'll let you know how I get on with it cos I'm sure I'll be asking for help at some point.

I've had a DT before but it was stolen! My workmate rebuilt and I bought it off him.

CDD71E7C-2FCE-4A09-B7B1-2BF250B2012D.png

I've also got a zx6r in the garage. That's it really? I'll keep you updated when I start to strip the bike down.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Martin, Welcome to the YOC, any bike that you buy for £30 and the wheels go round is a bargain mate, wish you luck with the rebuild.

Haha... Funny you say that! The wheels don't go round at all. Had to drag it around on the tyres.

I know I'm going to spend loads on it replacing parts/bearings but I'm chuffed with the £30 price. So when I saw it in a yard I was willing to pay £100 for it! The man said he paid £50 for it but was willing to take £30.

Thanks! I'm trying to keep away from the idea of breaking it. Such a shame to break it as I guess in a few years these will start going up in value?

If it can't be put back on the road (road legal) and the cost to make it a runner outweighs the value of a off road bike i might break it And the money raised will go towards a DTR.

Thanks!! I'm just making space in the garage so I can bring the DT home from work.

Haven't told the missis there's another bike to the collection? Is there a thread on good excuses to use to justify spending all your time and money on a wreck of a bike?

You don't need excuses, just get rid of them and get a "proper" other half. Job done.

If that is a little too radical for you:

Just tell them you picked up a bargain when they are at the till buying themselves something (I don't mean at Tescos buying the food shopping).

Try and buy bikes of the same style and colour. This makes them difficult to count

Say that the latest bike is really some spares for a current bike and it is cheaper to buy spares like that.

Say you are storing it for a friend, who just happens to want to sell it to you a few months down the line, and seeing it is already in the garage........

Or just do what I do and just be honest.................

Welcome, what a bargain!

And DDT...

You don't need excuses, just get rid of them and get a "proper" other half. Job done.

No need for excuses from you! We already know your other half is putting everyone else's to shame!

• Like 1

:welcome:

Hi martin" :wavey: nice colour , be good to follow this resto. there is a thread its called " 1 More bike and am single again " :babyha:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online