Chain break, now engine won't start

AndrewElvisFan
This post is 3757 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The screw is on the engine side.

Ok , the more turns out = more fuel.. your having to screw the idle up to keep her running, :eusa_think: all points to A.= pilot jet blocked,

or B. needs new battery,

I can see clearly through pilot jet hole after cleaning it so battery it is then. It did lose most of its charge over the last few days but still hard to start. I'm going to give it a run tomorrow for an hour and then check with a multimeter to make sure all cells are good.

a multimeter won't detect the amps in the battery only Volts unless you possess a really expensive meter, either take it somewhere that can do it or buy a new battery

I would go new on the battery, :yeah: example last week a mates Z1300 ,turning over [ quite fast]- weak spark. not an offer, hooked up a big battery, bingo instant start,,

Gonna try hooking up to car battery and see what happens - when I've had a coffee!! Although spark is now really good since getting a new one.

Gonna try hooking up to car battery and see what happens - when I've had a coffee!! Although spark is now really good since getting a new one.

do not unhook battery when engine running, you can fry the tci

Sorry - tci? Do you mean don't take the jump leads off when she starts?

TCI = the spark ignitor, do not take off the jump leads

Don't have the car battery running, hook up the leads and then try and start the bike. Don't run the bike without a battery - if just connected to the car battery.

We are starting to need a list now, Is the plug wet when trying to start?

My battery still in-situ, only using car as jump. Plug is wet. Battery water levels are ok. Just taking a break while I clean up some blood - don't ask!!

• Like 1

Started first time from the car battery. Got a mate with a multimeter - nipping round there now!

is it the dick then? :eusa_doh::eusa_think:

:babyha::crylaugh: = :chair: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The sink ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :hah:

• Like 1

Battery fully charged now! My mates charger is one of the 5in1 jobs that checks the battery as well and all is good! All cells are fine so no need for a new battery :)

Just need to get a charger come pay day now! Half hour run on the way home and she is running better than ever. Can't help thinking it may have been the battery all along, not that it's done any harm to clean the carb if course and its something else I'm no longer wary of. I actually found it a lot easier than the little strimmer carbs I used to work on!

Thank you to everyone who has helped - I owe you all a drink wherever we end up meeting!

• Like 1

Now just remember that a little maintenance goes a long way to happy biking

• Like 1