Ice skating!!!

slice
This post is 3894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Out on the bike today, got a good run up through the Cotswolds and out in the sticks and going to my favourite bit of road, 3 bends that seem to go on forever and you can really lean the bike into them and it feels fun when you get it right, worth the journey just for this bit of road and at the end in the layby there's a van that sells cups of tea, so bung it into the first corner and feeling great when I glimpse something in the road no time to swerve or move just grip the bars tight and hope for the best, anyway turns out to be a bloody hub cap off of someone's car which I run right over and makes the bike do a sudden shift to the left and I find that you can put your knee down without knee sliders!!! bang the crash guards on the road and holes in my jeans and very nearly brown stains in my underwear, another inch and I'm off to hospital, I'm to old for my heart to beat at this rate almost had a coronary there and then, finally got the thing to stop (no front brake) and my head in the bushes looked back to see a LONG black line from the rear tyre. So if you see or hear of anyone looking for a Vauxhall hub cap that they lost send them down to me I WOULD LIKE A WORD WITH THEM!!!! F**k me my hands are still shaking. And I do have the hub cap if they would like it back though it now has a few scratches where my bike slid up the road on it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

See that tea is no good for you should have gone for a beer LOL glad your in one piece,people think I'm some sort of ricky road racer cause I wear knee sliders but this is exactly why I wear them.The more crap between me and the road the better IMO.

Sometimes they get used on purpose GUILTY and I do try to keep that type of riding for the track but some roads just call you

Glad you are OK.

What size rim is the hub cap and will it clean up OK?

Ya missing one dt?

same thing happened to me on the CX500 gunning it with a Gt500, right on the racing line and too fast to react, luckily I straightened up briefly and carried on abet with brown skids!

A close call there mate Glad your OK. I had similar with a for sale sign last year, not nice! thought I was a gonna & it shook me up a bit so I know what you mean about your hands still shaking bet you enjoyed that cuppa though.

Glad your ok dude, when you find the owner of the hub cap you could always be nice and nail gun it to their wheel so as that they dont loose it again

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, I like the idea of NAIL GUNNING the thing back on hadn't thought of that one, my solution was to fold it into a small spicky ball and shove it where the sun don't shine, agree with the beer is best and NO you really don't want to come round and claim it cos I am just angry enough to tell who ever it belongs to their likely future and life span!!!!!!

Kinda glad i own i Toyota now :eusa_shifty:

Seams like your a little pissed off Jack russle after that one car :eusa_think:

Annoyed Noise is what I am, mainly cos it's partly my own fault and I should have been more aware of what was in front of me than having a good time, plus dying cos some git can't maintain their car properly or at least check to see that bits don't fall off all over the place, having said that only a few weeks ago I had bit's fall off my bike so I'm as guilty as him/her, just the adrenaline talking yesterday felt like I had an electric rod up my arse!!! Oh well live (hopefully) and learn.

Yer i would be too mate, you can see it now, they open the box for there new hub caps and some tie wraps fall out, they hold them in their hands and think...........what are these for???

Or they could have had their tires changed and the mechanics forgot to tie wrap them back on.

Either way as you say your still breathing and you know know what its like to hit a hub cap on ya bike.........

Glad you're OK. Had a similar escape with a plastic Ford hubcap. Found out that adrenaline's brown.

• Like 1

I see so many hubcaps around I keep thinking it might be a good idea to collect them all up and put um up on ebay so that the nobs that lose um can buy um back.

Glad you're still in one piece - those 'brown adrenalin' moments (to borrow obriens amusing post) are horrible. Pity you scrapped the hubcap though .. If you could manage this trick a 2nd time you could have a full hub cap on each knee - you'd have increased protection, an elevated sense of cool and the ability to blind oncoming drivers.

:eusa_think: this browning of trousers . ?

are you talking literally or is it just a figure of speech :o

do you actually shit your lot in your pants , :blush:

It's a figure of speech.

Having said that, sliding down the road not knowing if you're going to stop on your bike, under it or wrapped round that lamp post coming towards you at an alarming rate tends to make your sphincter twitch like a rabbits nose.

I do believe that you can actually shit yourself with fear, only because so many of the people I used to pick up from fatal RTAs were, not to put to fine a point on it, covered in crap!!! But this can also happen after death when the body losses it's ability to control it's automatic functions, not a nice thought but "SHIT HAPPENS" as they say.

Sorry to all those offended by this but death is with us all the time you just have to wait long enough and he/she will find you, plus you grow a sort of gallows humour when you deal with death on a daily basis.

death is also with you for a long bloody time after too.

i heard that quite a large percentage of dead people are found near or in the bathroom.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online