Did anyone do something interesting today

Tommy xs
This post is 3924 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Interesting ish I had to change the fork seals on the Tmax and I'm telling anyone that thinking of doing it what a pain in the arse. Since these things cost 9grand+ you would think it would be easy to work on.

PS. this goes for most scoots.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wow never seen a thunder at with bucket seats have you got any pics hehehe

lol!

Just went and followed my front wheel. Came over the brow of a hill and was met with this view

005_zpsf8f7a9ce.jpg

004_zpsa935629f.jpg

Lovely looking Bonnie. I have to admit, I do have a softspot for Trumps. Was looking at a Speedmaster before I got the Midnight Star.

Yesterday I was at the British Pipe Smoking Championships!

A great day was had by all. I took part in the main event and came a respectable mid-table with a time of 42mins and won myself a new pipe.

Here's a few pics!

Me enjoying a smoke on my new Mini Calabash.

64zu.jpg

Friend from the Nottingham Pipe Club.

p9na.jpg

Another Friend from the Nottingham Pipe Club.

7xag.jpg

A gentleman sporting the battledress of the Birmingham Pipe Club.

c6zy.jpg

My haul for the day! L>R: Nice Martin that I won for placing mid-rankings. The Mini Calabash that I bought for myself. A Peterson Aran that all competitors were given.

hlb2.jpg

All in all, a really good day!

• Like 2

Yesterday was spent fitting some handguards in prep for my winter commute over the Pennines. I know, it's terrible that I'm already thinking about winter!

Went for a blast over to the Rocket Centre in Blackburn to see what they were like at speed. Really happy with them, had still air around my fingers, which will suck in summer, but very much a god-send in our darker months! Anyway, here's a quick snap of them at the Rocket Centre:

16de4285e94651168772835801ac40e3.jpg

I picked up a new tax disc from there as the stock one keeps ditching my tax disc around the place... So have bought something a little sturdier and will also be moving where it's mounted to the left-side of the screen.

I completed my jaunt with a long ride home, all-in-all, 110 miles added to my new steed!

Nice Tiger! I like them and they look very comfortable and suitable for two-up riding; plus you get that lovely triple engine!

Shame they don't suit a 28" leg, lol!

Thanks Gazzy! Yeah, it's a great bike - my first 'grown-up' bike, so it's hard for me to give an honest opinion, as quite frankly it's always going to be miles better than my little YBR!!

Think I'm finding it's positioning the hardest, it's quite a large bike, so have found myself stretching for the handlebars etc, but slow adjustments each time are making it easier. I've adjusted the handlebars, found a happy medium with the screen, and fitting the handguards have also made a difference to comfort. Am thinking that a different seat is the next step, but I'm persevering for now. It's fine for short trips, and I appreciate it needed wearing in (new bike), but the recent long trip I did (800 miles in 2 days) was a struggle on the ass - more so than the YBR!! :hah:

I'm 5'8" - 32" leg and can fully agree with it's height! Depending on the ground beneath me, I can struggle to get my foot down. I'm more comfortable with the bike now though, but the biggest thing for me was getting on and off the bike as the pillion seat is quite long and tall. After a few days of ownership I clouted my knee into the pillion grab handle and received my first battle scar, ha ha! All good now though.

Now, you won't have that problem at all on your XVS!! :spin2:

In terms of pillion riding - the engine behaves as if they aren't even there, it's great!

I lead a very boring life and nothing interesting about it so far, other than sitting in my cave playing with my bits.

Soon tho.................................................................................all will change

:eusa_shifty:

Mental image..............................................not good

we're not so different, you and i...

Yeah, but Noisy plays with his own bits!!!

Well, whilst you lot are out having fun I am stood in the middle of an airfield searching Joe publics cars for bombs, immigrants, drugs e.t.c.

Sleeping in a tent in 30' heat, 12 hours a night for another week, highlight of my day was having some tidy blonde with a tiny skirt on spend half an hour trying to open her car bonnet... Mental image saved for later

Cool! Do you get to keep anything you find???

Rode home today with one of those red furry Elmo helmet covers on .... Just for the sheer fun of it. Got a few kids waving which was nice, an uber cool fella in his sports car look over and give an uber cool nod, and a police driver pass me in the opposite direction looking just plain stupid & puzzled at the same time.

Mind you, the number of drivers who didn't react at all reminded me just how invisible us bikers are .... So be careful out there folks.

Maybe I should just strip down to the underwear next time as well , hmmmm ....

nothing today, just a jaguar trying to put me out of the road, nothing yesterday, just a land rover trying to put me out of the road... routine... but I hope tomorrow, squire, like every Thursday

Maybe I should just strip down to the underwear next time as well , hmmmm ....

did that in a mankini on a mini moto... wasnt cool bro...

... maybe you should drop by my tent at squires?...

so how are you getting your tent to squire's then foam's, maybe have a word in the right ear and you can parachute in hehehe,

Yes that should impress the ladies :hah::moon::whip:

foams why not put your XZ together as it is, shouldn't take much to get it through an mot! maybe give it a temporary mat black paint job, would suit rat bike me thinks & you would enjoy the ride up much better

go on you can do it you still got loads of time and you can do the F.U.C.R later

should really start a new thread for this called did anyone do anything stupid today.

this is what i done trying to be a smart-arse, thought I would do my own YOC T-shirt, personalize it by drawing a pic of my bike on it

well I personalized it alright! I am now the one and ONLY member of the YAMAHA ONWERS CLUB. well I thought about keeping this to myself but if you dish it out you have to be able to take it and it cost me about a tenner so I'm gonna f#ckin wear it. so your bound to find out sooner or later probably sooner as Drewpy and I are heading to Lotherton hall on sunday so look out for the photos when we get back

• Like 4

so wait, the shirt im giving you as a trade for the XS yokes is redundant now?...

oh cheers dude... now i have to wear a "tommy XS" tshirt all weekend and look like a bellend :P

the XS is far from roadworthy, im back home for the weekend as i havent been around for a month so after this im probably going to tackle the XZ flat out over next weekend, its going to be an uphill battle i can see it now.