which big bike .?

paul-666
This post is 4109 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This year I will pass my big bike test and I like the look of the bandit 600 but I also like the look of the MT-01 and MY-03 but the passenger seat even I couldn't get my skinny arse on on the MY-01 but that's the look I'm looking for if you get what I'm sweaying as I would rather have a big bike restricted then have a small bike trying to pull two people up and down the hills to get to my house are there any bikes with the same look that you could recommend with similar looks ( hopefully a yamaha as the one I have is pretty bomb proof ). Thanks Paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What age are you paul, if under 24? you have missed the cut off date for licence changes, but he good thing about that is you can ride on a 46bhp restriction

Hi Paul, MT-01 Has to be, now that is a mean looking machine and its a yammie!! :jossun:

Jimmy I'm 31 and having my mid life crisis now LOL

Well if you do direct access you dont need to restrict it

Sherrif the XJR 1300 looks good it has good specs and has plenty of poke 106bhp and 78 lbft of torque but it looks to much like a sports bike for me and I dont want a bike that can go 180 mph I just want some thing to be able to drag me up hills at the speed limit lol

I had a bandit 1200 a few years back and i went round europe ,did the nurburgring and generally had a blast on it, it was smooth had great brakes and plenty of poke and handled very well plus the bandit has been around forever and you can make it your own with all the aftermarket stuff out there.

Paul. Sherrif is right the XJR1300 is a good choice, It's nothing like a sports bike no fairing, sit up riding position, nice big comfy seat, and tops out about 140mph. It will drag you a pillion and loaded up with luggage up most hills in top gear at the speed limit.

It would but but it would have to be restricted to 33bhp from 86 bhp which was less bhp than I expected for having a 1670cc v-twin

Does a MT-01 really only have 86 bhp ??? surly it has more than that.

My Fazer 600 has 95 bhp,,,,,, i traveled round Scotland last summer and hardly ever came out of 6th gear

XJR 1300 is a fine fine fine bike !!!

I just sold an xjr1200, and it hurt me to do so. They are a fantastic bike and if I could've, I would've kept it, even if it was just for a once a year run on it

Paul. Sherrif is right the XJR1300 is a good choice, It's nothing like a sports bike no fairing, sit up riding position, nice big comfy seat, and tops out about 140mph. It will drag you a pillion and loaded up with luggage up most hills in top gear at the speed limit.

thats why I put this on and do like the look of the xjr 1300

Sorry don't listen to me it looks nowt like a sports bike I was looking at the wrong pic LOL

Sorry Paul posted it without reading all the following posts. Find a dealer with loads of different bikes in and try a few, you will know straight away which is the one for you. It's not always the one you think it will be i have always disliked Yamaha's FJ1200s till i bought a cheap 1987 one as a project, that had been lying unwanted at the back of a dealers fora year or so.The first ride was to get it home loved the bike still got it 5years later it's turned out to be the one bike i will never part with.