Nothing to do with bikes.....

Cynic
This post is 4090 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wanted to whinge really. Been trying to find a replacement for our rangy. Its getting a bit jaded and we fancy moving up.

Trouble being anything man enough to pull our van kicks you in the nuts with road tax. Or you cant trust either the reliability or the performance.

There are a lot of cars that really should not be used for big vans. Freelanders for example. Can legaly tow our van but its a gutless bstrd.

I just missed an 07 chrysler 300c v8. Gassed. Thats a 450bhp monster. Giving 50mpg equivalent. Road tax is over a grand a year WHA!!!. The diesel is still good though, but dearer? on fuel.

Also. Who knows how much the fuckers will put it up. As for the ecobullshit. AAAAAARGH.

Thanks much better.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i had a look at those 300 chryslers last year

cracking big motor

just could not justify the fuel to myself

i sold my jeep cherokee last year and sadly miss it,, it would have pulled your van no problem

straight 6 4.0 litre and 12 mpg if i was nice to it

i hired a generator last year for a function and picked it up with the jeep, it weighed 2.7 ton

pulled it no bother,, you knew it was on the back but it just kept on pulling

you will be taxed for farting soon........

i wouldnt be suprised if they legalise cannabis so they can tax that aswell

you are already being taxed for farting, all your farting is giving off more green house gases and we are having to build stupid big windmills to counteract it and save the ozone..all paid for through tax and 4 x 4 owners paying a grand

personally i would just shoot the hash heads and forget about the tax

that is my opinion of course

everyone to their own

Just for perspective I pay 78.00 a year for road tax on my dodge dakota v6 3.9lt 9(but I could drive a viper or hummer for the same) and 35.00 every 2 years for a emmission test,,,,,706.00 for insurance,,,,gas right now is between 1.11 to 1.30 per lt And I live in ontario with the highest taxes in Canada

Edit and you only have to mto a vehicle 1 time when you buy it 65.00

Your all getting fucked tax tax tax tax..and wait tax the tax

I just bought thew missus a little Seat ibiza ecomotive 1200cc 3 pot diesel , no road tax , and the figures say 80 mpg ,( that will be on the downhil with the wind behind it course)

just to get me own back on em for charging me £215 a year for my 1400 cc fiesta diesel van, A hatchback with the windows filled in the, same thing as a car is only £30 a year to tax , mind you the price i paid will more than make up for the tax, an 08 plate car would be 5/6000 ? van was £3300

Just for perspective I pay 78.00 a year for road tax on my dodge dakota v6 3.9lt 9(but I could drive a viper or hummer for the same) and 35.00 every 2 years for a emmission test,,,,,706.00 for insurance,,,,gas right now is between 1.11 to 1.30 per lt And I live in ontario with the highest taxes in Canada

Edit and you only have to mto a vehicle 1 time when you buy it 65.00

Your all getting fucked tax tax tax tax..and wait tax the tax

Dont join the European Union (be careful, it accepts anyone as a member, rich and poor alike, half way across the world too)

(be careful, it accepts anyone as a member, rich and poor alike, half way across the world too)

And we usually end up bailing out the poorer countries and getting dragged into bullshit conflicts.

Have you looked at any of the Kia range?, i know im probably a bit biased but the new sportages and sorentos look very tasty and have a good spec, buy a petrol one and gas it ;), i have one of the first generation sportages on gas and it returns 50mpg equivelant, £255 a year to tax, £900 a year to insure (ive had a few shunts) and apart from an incident with a popped water bed which caused the rear lights to mess about for a bit (was my fault tbh) it has never had any problems,

an incident with a popped water bed ............................................

too much info there Foams :biglaugha:

Steve. Check out the towing specs. Low bodyweight and poor noseweights on em. Good for mid sized vans but no good for mine.

I thing i will chuck a few bob at the RR. Cant buy anything better fir the money. Simples

• 2 weeks later...

Cynic, have a butchers at the Lexus RX300, its a full time 4x4, kicking out 200 bhp as standard,from the 3.0l v6 vvt-i block. and with lpg fitted you can get back the equivalent of around 50-55 mpg, I've had mine for nearly 5 years now, all trouble free, last year was a bit expensive mind, as it was time to change the timing belt and water pump on it, obviously Lexus wanted a small fortune, to do the job, but managed to get a local garage to do it for half the price. So I'd look for one that's had its belt done. A couple of lads in the Lexus forum swear by them for towing a big caravans too. I'm upgrading mine next year to the RX450 hybrid, and just hope that I get the same out of it that I have the RX300, it's been a cracking car. You can pick up early mk1's at a decent price, and if lucky with the LPG conversion already done, 1999, 2000 Toyota Harriers are pretty much the same car too.

forumpn.jpg