your other hobbies?

armfaw
This post is 4083 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guitar, Model Railways, Camping (In the luxury of our Motorhome, too old for tents), Home Brewing.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I really mean to learn the guitar this year (mind you I have said that every year for the last few decades). A little web stuff. Going to the pictures. I fancy a couple more camping rally's this year. I need another bike project; bobber or 2 stroker I think. I would like a classic car but that will wait a couple of years.

And And finally looking after my partner/girlfriend/significant other lady person.

you have a private message

Jealous me........Enjoy it for as long as you can Beef

I stopped playing at 45 having started at 12. I played back row and enjoyed the physical side immensely. Eventually tho' my legs gave up and the hammies were getting taped up every week. I ended up spending more time on the physios table than on the pitch

have played front row for way to long and am now playing number 8.

i know i aint got long left so am having fun with it.

i played to a high standard as a teen, playing league but suffered a bad shoulder injury, 16 breaks / fractures and dislocations to the shoulder/ upper arm/ collar bone area, so stopped playing for two years but ended up back and playing union, and coached a team from under 6's through to under 19's. stopped that last year when the became open age, but will probably take on a senior team next season.

SDC10567_zpsf26b2468.jpg

a pic of me and four of the lads that i have coached who have grown up and played along side me on my birthday last year..

Among many other things:

- I hurt people, with both big medieval English weaponry and my fists (for real, not re-enactment).
- I hit drums. Usually with regular interval sequences strung together and sometimes in a professional capacity.
- I kill Germans (for Living History, not for real).
- I walk places, usually far away places with lots of trees en-route.
- I read words. Lots of words. Usually of movable printed form factor.
- I observe pictures that move. Occasionally I will watch larger ones, but finances often force me toward those of 21" diagonal size or less. I do enjoy altering the picture size to enable their observation on a portable frame of approximately 3" as well.
- I make pictures move in accordance with my will... well, I try to. Some pictures are more difficult to control, Lara Croft's Anniversary being my most challenging thus far (specifically one picture that everyone else seems to have trouble with, as well).
- I half-burn food. Sometimes I observe professional burners half-burn food and attempt to emulate them.
- I make stuff from the skins of dead cows.

And most recently, my wife and I share our lives with a gorgeous Border Collie.

I love fishing when ever I can get away for 3-4 hrs you will find me on a lake. also expermenting with making diferent booze last batch was a apple cider ummmie. As a father son thing we play with Rc trucks and helli's.

Not sure it's a hobby but I spend lots of time picking up new girls,after being married for 10 yrs being single is way more fun

• 3 weeks later...

For me, Playing and teaching guitar . Electric, acoustic (steel, nylon) Just picked up a Michel Mesner Dobro that Im not finding time to play :(

Have always loved music (Anyone going to Download this year, dream line up)

I really enjoy Xbox (will be picking up Dead Space 3 this weekend, currently on Battlefield 3)

Running (coughing, spluttering) Hiking

Reading

Cooking

And now i'm back on a bike, bring on the 36 hour day :-)

Well I have been obsessed by bikes all my life but only recently obtained my full bike licence and first custom cruiser so I guess biking has become my new hobby. But when I'm not biking or playing Disney princesses with my 2 yr old daughter you can normally find me playing my guitar (not very good but its great fun) or gaming online. Been a big online gamer for as long as I can remember.

Atm working through dishonored and prototype 2. For online games BF3 and a big world of warcraft player, been playing that for 7 years so always have some time for that :)

Also looking forward to the new bioshock infinity.

• Admin

You lucky sod, my sensie was a 5'10" wide animal who enjoyed making you suffer. Our chief instructor is a guy called dave hazzard, he was the England kata coach for a spell. Have you heard of him? O I remember the days when you'd get a noob in who thought he was the business........ they usually didn't come back after 1 class. :hah:

Wow small world. I trained with Dave in Brighton for about ten years before he moved up North to teach the England team full time. Then I trained with Jess Lavendar in Brighton and Simon Staples in Billingshurst. Since moving to Sydney though I haven't started training again, amazingly there aren't any good instructors in the city which I can get to.

The advantage of Sydney though is that there are lots of wrecks, so I dive these with my trusty rebreather.

Im just working through the campaigns in BF3 (spending a lot of time dead lol) but enjoying it.

But that's been put aside for DS3, which Im really loving. So that was an evening of stomping of necromorph's limbs lol

Ive spent a wee bit of time as a panda romping around the eastern kingdoms myself :-) but I'm more likely to fire up GuildWars these days (no subscription)

Im just working through the campaigns in BF3 (spending a lot of time dead lol) but enjoying it.

But that's been put aside for DS3, which Im really loving. So that was an evening of stomping of necromorph's limbs lol

Ive spent a wee bit of time as a panda romping around the eastern kingdoms myself :-) but I'm more likely to fire up GuildWars these days (no subscription)

Yeah the subscription is a bit of a joke compared to how other games are going, blizzard make so much money from all the micro transactions such as transfers that there is no reason they shouldn't start looking into the F2P model, especially with a game thats 7-8 years old. Although rumour has that, then when the new secret MMO they are working on gets released that wow would becoming F2P.

what other hobbies do you have?

i have a pony..V030611_19_c001.jpg

also offroad my truck...Picture197_zps542ac6be.jpg

And a beer gut by the looks of it :P

I collect vinyl and play with turntables, I love music of all genres but dance music is my favourite. I also own a few guitars, keyboards, and a synth but can't play them. Other than that football.