Gilera 4V project

drewpy
This post is 3193 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

..002 can kill a good project, as tommy said best it happend now. Nice you have a back up plan

You fuckers got riflles in scouts ,,,I got a dirt bike but no one would give me a gun then.

We got to go to the police station and use the indoor range, they let us fire the new Glocks they had (with paint cartridges loaded in them instead of bullets), it was pretty awesome to be able to do that! My step-father at the time was an officer...now he's just a douchebag cheater who won the lottery (literally for over a mil) then immediately got a divorce from my mom and I never heard from him again..been over 10 years now...I say I'm better off without that role model anyway. But it was still cool firing the glocks. lol :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:photo2: Whers the :photo2::photo2: we want to see this relic in it's new glory

That frame is lovely. I'm waiting till I buy a car till I strip mine down to the frame. But it IS something that WILL/MUST be done. Unfortunately my bike has rusted a bit so it'll last the summer then down to the frame in the winter and i'll drive a car.

:photo2: Whers the :photo2::photo2: we want to see this relic in it's new glory

need to get engine in, too dark when I get home and wind and Rain too.

hopefully saturday I can finish

well its more or less done, need to fix exhaust, work out the chain length, dial in the timing with the strobe. then get it registered :eusa_shifty:

WP_20140118_0011_zps540746e8.jpg

WP_20140118_0021_zps4c4bb8d1.jpg

WP_20140118_0031_zps7dfe0037.jpg

WP_20140118_0041_zps9dc56744.jpg

:hyper:

• Like 2

That is fecking gorgeous Drew you should be proud of that :hyper:

cheers it does look good, busy tomorrow but off thursday so can do those little jobs on it

Aye, I have. but that's a top line resto

BEAUTIFUL! You are my vote for number one dad! :thumb:

Well done drewpy, thats looking spot on bet you're itching for a potter about on it....dont forget the 'WARNING' sticker near the front brake lever :P

its actually quite progressive, I've set it so the front touches before the rear!

BEAUTIFUL! You are my vote for number one dad! :thumb:

cheers Sacha

That turned out excellent! Man there's nothing to those bikes eh?? Looks empty...nice and simple! :D

You did a real nice job on this.

may be simple, but still costs a bit to do.

was off today so dialled in the timing on the little G, finished off all the wiring (all works) awaiting the chain then I can tighten up the mag properly.

Still need to find a Dellorto filter (steel one) 32mm female thread.

something like this;

dellorto-air-filter-10129-3.jpg

found the tank was like sand inside :( I soaked the inside with vinegar and I think this is the rust particulates.

I have some acid stuff from the FZ tank, so i'll have a go with that and fill up with pre mix, to stop the rust reforming.

Wow - that looks so cool! Top job Drewps.

• Like 1

Look same as Garelli tiger filtre. "

they are, All Italian bikes used the same filter at some point

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online