Whats Wrong with this picture?

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4407 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so, here i was driving back to aberdeen, when BOOM!

bike revs fly up, and my bike loses power.

luckily i was able to coast into a parking place at the side of the road.

anyone notice why i was so pi$$ed off ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

okay, how do i upload a picture ? i feel like a spanner now. .

Sorrry for everyone that opens this to find nothing !

Without the picture, I'm guessing yer chain bust and was lying on the road 50 feet behind you?

Need to upload picture to ImageShack (or similar) which will give you a link you can use in the "Image" option within the post.

Hope the bike is sorted!

i cant get onto imageshack cos im at work :( do you have an account ? could email you the picture and you could get the link?

yeah - chain snapped :( wasnt even pushing her that hard, and it was kept in good nick, smashed the duck out my numberplate, chainguard and hugger aswell :/

All that gubbins that got smashed... That's there so if/when the chain goes it doesn't tear the duck out of your leg!

Chains do go. Fact of life. Closer attention and maintenance will help you to spot the signs once it needs replacing and well before it actually goes.

But don't ask me - I'm a fan of shaft drives!

All that gubbins that got smashed... That's there so if/when the chain goes it doesn't tear the duck out of your leg!

Chains do go. Fact of life. Closer attention and maintenance will help you to spot the signs once it needs replacing and well before it actually goes.

But don't ask me - I'm a fan of shaft drives!

Nah not me , don't like being shafted.

Anyhow even money the chain even though it was lubed up was well past its stretch limit.

Either that or a worn pin is all it needs, also like task said, all that stuff that got mangled saved you being mangled.

yeah, think it mustav been worn pins, it hadnt reached the stretch limit. . . . also, nor do i like being shafted ;)

got a new one fitted, checked the sprockets. . . there not as bad as the ones i had on my 125 when i sold it . . . but come friday ( PAYDAY! WOOO ) think i may invest in a new set.

Anyone got any preferences on make ? just something mid-range not wanting to part with tooo much money

31924626343948701830210q.jpg

there ! finally got the pic up haha

Never goes BANG when your near a bike shop doe's it always has to be in the middle of bleeding nowhere. :crying:

that is so true ! only had to wait about an hour or so before my old man came and picked us up in the van, so it could have been worse ! would have been a struggle to push it back 50 miles . . .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online