the taste of fuel!

drewpy
This post is 4430 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Talking to Airhead today and funny enough he mentioned that fuel isn't the same any more.

I thought that yesterday when siphoning off the 2 stroke tank. It doesn't smell the same or tastes the same.(not gulps just molecules)

I remember in the 80's I would be burping off the fumes, now there doesn't seem to be any more and is more like water!

I know there is 5% ethanol in there now, but there must be other crap in there to "bulk" it out a bit too!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I haven't siphoned any recently but I would swear I could still taste the last lot I did. Does it still tingle on the lips?

I haven't siphoned any recently but I would swear I could still taste the last lot I did. Does it still tingle on the lips?

no, its crap

When i drained the TDR tank i thought the same, i thought it was bad because it hadn't the 'blow your head off your shoulders tang' that it used to.

The fresh stuff was little different.

probably something to do with emissions ........or health and safety lol (wouldnt want that boy who is nicking your fuel to drop dead cause he swallowed some now do we!)

Ive not really tasted the old stuff so i cant really comment on the taste but i know if i fill up the car (MG ZT 2.5 V6) at ASDA with say £30 of normal petrol it will last me bout 150 ish miles may be more but if i fill up down at Co-Op (used to be Texaco) the same amount of fuel i would get 250+ miles driving exactly the same! so i bet they do chuck some sort of health and safety crap into the mixture which drops the mileage and performance out of it!

Ive not really tasted the old stuff so i cant really comment on the taste but i know if i fill up the car (MG ZT 2.5 V6) at ASDA with say £30 of normal petrol it will last me bout 150 ish miles may be more but if i fill up down at Co-Op (used to be Texaco) the same amount of fuel i would get 250+ miles driving exactly the same! so i bet they do chuck some sort of health and safety crap into the mixture which drops the mileage and performance out of it!

That much of a difference?

Yer i know its shocking! the missus gets a similar result too, she's only got a KA but if she fills up at ASDA she gets less miles than if she fills up down at Co-Op im not sure if its the supplier of the fuel or what not but i do think that there is different qualities of the stuff, bit like say a British prostitute and a Amsterdam prostitute lol

like this old saying

"Alcohol free beer is just like licking your sisters fanny..........................tastes the same but its just not right!!!!"

What petrol or your sisters.................? :whistle:

i cant complain, tastes better if you mix it with a few spirits whilst already wasted at a house party... just make sure nobody is standing infront of you when you do the inevitable technicolour yawn

Interesting stuff, My mate bought a GSX600R, last week , been in garage not ran for 5 years, Put new battery on , & started after a few turns, :eusa_shifty: ,,,Now thats old fuel, its changed since then even, ,,,

I like the taste of Alcahole free beer,,, :eusa_think: ,,, got me wondering now,,,,,,,,,,,,, :idea:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online