G'day everyone !

KinkyDT
This post is 4523 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, I'm a new girl rider, in Melbourne Australia. My awesome fiancé bought me a '76 DT175.. Ole bucket and just beaut! Stripped it down last Saturday and I'm a very excited little possum about cracking into it.. Lots to learn and lots of fun to be had sourcing parts and getting things together. Hopefully my story will be a successful one!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

G'day Shela! lol (always wanted to say that) welcome to the YOC. Get some pic's up and im sure if you have and drama's with your DT that you or your other half cant solve then there are a few lads on here that have restored a DT or 2.

All the best

Hi

I also have a DT 175 of near the same age, I have more fun on it than I do on my FJR because it is so easy just to wheel it out and blat it around. are you sure he has brought it for you,

Hope you have loads of fun on it,

Hi I’m new on here as well, just wanted to say I had a DT175 as my first bike after a moped when I was 17 back in 1981 (showing my age now) it was a cracking bike, I use to go up the woods after dark and do some night trailing, not a good idea with that head lamp, not the best of lights, I did that until one time I got lost and nearly went over a cliff, (young and stupid) anyway hope you have fun with the restoration.

Welcome along honney,,,,,,,,,,get your pic's out !!!

off the bike,,,i mean.

Good luck with the restore.

Ive a DT125 meself,,,,,,,, tis just great crack,,,ya know :patty:

Oh that.. Yeah seemed to be some sort of makeshift metal plate to screw a registration plate onto. Front rego plate not required in oz so not sure where the bike might have been at to require that. Im pretty sure I got this from a guy that was/is a member on here coz I've seen pics of it in here.. Exact same bike! :)

no i mean that bracket off the headlight ears...although i'm not sure headlights have ears in oz ?

Looks like SatNav holder,,,,,,for when lost in da fields :lol:

The second photo looks like the dingoes got into your garage overnight and stripped the carcass down to the bones. :lol: