National Express (and probably other coaches too!)

Leatherat
This post is 4693 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Riding along on a sunny day, what can annoy you more than the dickhead car driver in front attempting to wash his windcreen with badly aimed washer jets, causing your visor, lethers and jeans to become misted with chemically tainted stagnant water?

Well let me tell you........riding along a motorway on a sunny day, centre lane, waiting to pull out into the fast lane, traffic on both sides and a National express coach in front. Suddenly and without warning, it starts to rain, not heavy, just that drizzly misty stuff known down here in the South West as Missle, only the skies are blue, not a cloud in sight......WTF!

Only after a couple of seconds does it register that the mizzle ain't coming from the sky, but from under the rear end of the coach in front! Now, I have no option but to put myself in a position where I could be in danger by muscling my way into the fast flowing outside lane to avoid the unknown fluid spaying me and my bike.

I have told myself it was probably washing up water as the other option is too unpaletable to contemplate.

Needles to say the driver was subjected to a tyraid of abuse as I passed, but I very much doubt he had any idea what he had done to deserve such condemnation.

It amazes me that in these enlightend days of enviromental husbandry, companies such as these are allowed to pour 'fluids' onto our roads as a normal practice.

Yours faithfully, Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells! (I guess only old people will get this reference! LOL!)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It would have been the air con condensate, it was probably just bad timing that you were following as the system kicked in to cool the poor souls inside.

Tis only water

'Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells' is about the right term - This is possibly the least concerning road hazzard I've ever known.

I hereby virtually laugh at you and call you a son of a silly person. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time! :lol:

Look at the silver lining and take the free opportunity to clean your visor. I'd be more concerned about the number of bugs and how there's always a big, fat one that lands square on your central viewspace, streaking it's bodily contents across your visor... and it dries instantly, making a quick wipe clean impossible!!

Incidentally, Tunbridge Wells people (including my in-laws who DO read the Daily Mail) are nothing like that stereotype ;)

I used to be a driver for National Express, one of our jobs-as well as driving the bus, was to have to to discharge the liquid contents of the toilets into manholes that were present at various terminus and overnight type stops, feck that says I, so on one stop I did-in Immola, Italy, I drilled holes into the bottom of the tank-no more manhole covers to lift, and no more standing over a stinking cesspit while it emptied, I E-mailed this 'top-tip' to several other National Express drivers that I had met along the way :thumb:

I used to be a driver for National Express, one of our jobs-as well as driving the bus, was to have to to discharge the liquid contents of the toilets into manholes that were present at various terminus and overnight type stops, feck that says I, so on one stop I did-in Immola, Italy, I drilled holes into the bottom of the tank-no more manhole covers to lift, and no more standing over a stinking cesspit while it emptied, I E-mailed this 'top-tip' to several other National Express drivers that I had met along the way :thumb:

Is that true!!!!!!!

Or are you taking the pi$$ ;)

:lol:

Reminds me of the time an old mate and me got a lift on a boat across the Med to Tangiers. On board was the most stuck up posh middle aged middle class woman. As my mate and I stood leaning over the side of the boat with beers in hand watching the fish eating stuff on the hull, said posh twerp nipped into the crapper directly behind us. Two minutes later, we heard the flush, and a few seconds later out she came, just as her turd was rolling up the curved hull of the boat beneath us, furiously being pecked at by the fish.

"scuse me duck, is this yours"

Priceless :lol:

I can just imagine the poor biker riding behind your coach on his air conditioned bike as your passenger flushes the loo.

The shit really would hit the fan! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online