Sorry to be a pain lads but....

Canny lad
This post is 4724 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

... can any of you ID this master cylinder assembly?

Now its on my good RS and assumed it was the correct one for the bike however the RS125DX brake light switch doesnt fit and the brake lever is different..

Hope one of you lads knows as getting tired of ordering bits only to find the part i am replacing is none standard... :(

17052011219.jpg

17052011220.jpg

17052011221.jpg

17052011223.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Now its on my good RS and assumed it was the correct one for the bike however the RS125DX brake light switch doesnt fit and the brake lever is different..

Hope one of you lads knows as getting tired of ordering bits only to find the part i am replacing is none standard... :(

17052011219.jpg

That is non Yamaha ..... looks like a Honda one !

17052011219.jpg

17052011220.jpg

17052011221.jpg

17052011223.jpg

I think it looks like this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-GSX550-Front-Brake-Master-Cylinder-/300454948170?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item45f482ad4a

it certainly does... or very similar... the brake light switch doesnt match but the MC looks almost identical... thanks fella

i have the answer mate just seen one it is on a Honda CB250N wet super dream, and a similar one on a 400 superdream but it had a bigger plastic reservoir and smaller ally section

gallery_1129_98_92269.jpg

gallery_1129_98_27051.jpg

i have the answer mate just seen one it is on a Honda CB250N wet super dream, and a simklar one on a 400 superdream but it had a bigger plastic reservoir and smaller ally section

Cor, my first trip on a bike was on the back of my old mans CB250 Super Dream, wait for it.... Delux :o basically it meant it had twin disks and a posh stripe :lol:

Cor, my first trip on a bike was on the back of my old mans CB250 Super Dream, wait for it.... Delux :o basically it meant it had twin disks and a posh stripe :lol:

I guess someone had to buy one :lol: what an awful tool (CB250NA) no go (same as XS250) but had that silly euro style ..... twin discs .. like wow did it need to stop from the heady speeds it was capable of :lol:

Tell me about it, i think he had it for a couple of months tops as somebody on an rd250 kept on wasting him on the way to work....

That was when he bought the 1971 CB175 which he still has, which will come as no surprise is, if i remember rightly quicker on acceleration and top speed than the 250:lol: progress eh.

That was when he bought the 1971 CB175

Yip all true, honda"s were fuddy duddy bikes in the 70s, :D But i did like the CB125/175, i thot the styling was nice,[ blue/ cream] , an old guy on a cb125 used to pass every morning wen i walked to work,,

he never passed wen i had my DT175 tho , B)

Tell me about it, i think he had it for a couple of months tops as somebody on an rd250 kept on wasting him on the way to work....

That was when he bought the 1971 CB175 which he still has, which will come as no surprise is, if i remember rightly quicker on acceleration and top speed than the 250:lol: progress eh.

You mean the spongy twin carb twin that would do 0~60 quicker than the CB250N but looked like a pile of poo ? CB175 - RD200 no contest best get the old boy to buy an RD200 (it has electric start) and just pee over those Honda things :D

You mean the spongy twin carb twin that would do 0~60 quicker than the CB250N but looked like a pile of poo ? CB175 - RD200 no contest best get the old boy to buy an RD200 (it has electric start) and just pee over those Honda things :D

Nah he's past caring, he got the 175 in the end because he couldn't afford them when they came out, bit like my TDR and they blew the old brit rubbish he COULD afford into the dust, either with their straight out performance or their handling.

honda"s were fuddy duddy bikes in the 70s
:o:o

No way....

My 1976 cb400/4 is NOT fuddy duddy!!!

cb4004.jpg

we're seriously going.... :offtopic: here boys!! :D

No way....

cb4004.jpg

Each to there own Eh NEO I personally liked CX 500s and the old 750K4 was another nice looking Honda, but have to say it Kawasaki,s Best Fuck the rest :P

well i had a 250 superdream back in 83 and i loved it... ok would only do 99 if you caned it but handling wise was the best bike i ever had... funnily enough i had an XS250 as well lol... liked it as well but not as much as the superdream and neither fo em matched my rd for speed or grin factor :D

No way....

cb4004.jpg

oh a girllie dispatch bike .. saving grace light to pick up after the Volvo 245 DL knocked you off very easy to pick up !

well i had a 250 superdream back in 83 and i loved it... ok would only do 99 if you caned it but handling wise was the best bike i ever had... funnily enough i had an XS250 as well lol... liked it as well but not as much as the superdream and neither fo em matched my rd for speed or grin factor :D

you managed to get a ton out of a dream .. I guess you had a gale behind you (XS 250 the same) or it was being towed by an RD250 :D?

you managed to get a ton out of a dream .. I guess you had a gale behind you (XS 250 the same) or it was being towed by an RD250 :D?

yep well 99MPH as never ever managed to reach the ton mark lol... nowhere near that with the XS mind... i think that topped out at about 90 lol

my KH125 was nearly as fast as the XS and could whip its ass from a standing start.. :D

my KH125 was nearly as fast as the XS and could whip its ass from a standing start.. :D

Aye its two-stroke thing canny " :rolleyes: thats what i meant about honda"s, they never made a decent stroker for the road, 1970s, elsinore Moto x -ers were good, Cb400/4 cuddna look at RD400. B)

Your speedo error musta gave the dream 250 99mph ,, been 88, maybe,,,,;)

:headscratch: