New to biking

This post is 4696 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone.

I currently have a honda CG125 which I have been riding for just under 2 years. I have my Direct Access starting tomorrow and I just picked up today a 2000 Yamaha Thundercat ready for when I pass my test, which hopefully will be in about 2 weeks. :)

Im 40 and just starting out, think I'm having a mid-life crisis but can't afford a sports car :)

Colin..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the Y-O-C Colin-'a veritable nuthouse' :huh:

good luck with the DAS m8 ;)

Best and simplest tip I got was to - 'sit up, lift your chin up so its horizontal with the ground and use your stomach and back muscles to support yourself-sit to attention', I had a habit of slouching over the bars,

keep us posted, good news or bad ;)

Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone.

I currently have a honda CG125 which I have been riding for just under 2 years. I have my Direct Access starting tomorrow and I just picked up today a 2000 Yamaha Thundercat ready for when I pass my test, which hopefully will be in about 2 weeks. :)

Im 40 and just starting out, think I'm having a mid-life crisis but can't afford a sports car :)

Colin..

Hi, welcome and good luck.

Best and simplest tip I got was to - 'sit up, lift your chin up so its horizontal with the ground and use your stomach and back muscles to support yourself-sit to attention', I had a habit of slouching over the bars.....................

Are you sure that wasn't about how to sit on a bar stool BWJ? ;)

Hello and welcome Colin.

What the hell would you want a sports car for?????? Your Thundercat will be Quicker, Faster, a lot more fun and will twang knicker elastic at 500 yrds!

and......there's nothing wrong with having a midlife crisis at 40 yrs old, as long as it is mid life. Take it steady and treat every other person, on the road or pavement as idiots and you'll have a better chance of reaching 80yrs of age.

Good luck with the test, don't forget to let us know when you pass!

Ride safe.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the encouragement - bloody skidded on the emergency stop (only about 10 foot :rolleyes: ), so failed my Mod 1, not too worry, I'd never skidded before so put it down to nerves.... Not giving up tho..

Cheers again everyone

Aww, just bad luck Colin, well at least now you know what your up against-you'll do it next time m8, brave man to come back to tell everyone you didn't pass-no such thing as fail ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Well everyone, I passed this week :lol:

Got my Thundercat serviced, insured, MOT'd and taxed, so I'm ready to join in the fun this week.

Hope the weather gets better now :rolleyes:

See you all out there

Colin

Well everyone, I passed this week :lol:

Got my Thundercat serviced, insured, MOT'd and taxed, so I'm ready to join in the fun this week.

Hope the weather gets better now :rolleyes:

See you all out there

Colin

Good news on passin the test,,,,,

Take care on that Cat now,,,,,,,easy does it on the throttle

;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online