Bike shops

steve_w
This post is 4999 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.

I've been Googling this and not getting much luck.

Does anyone recommend any good bike shops around Manchester that sell things like fuel filters, gaskets etc. You know, like motor factors like BMS or Euro car parts but for bikes. I know I could go to a main dealer but I imagine everything for a 91 bike would be special order and cost a lot more.

I've found various online shops but sometimes it's just good to go somewhere and buy the stuff you need to do a job.

Anywhere that caters for older bikes but be helpful.

It probably sounds like a daft question but when you're just getting back into bikes it can be hard to find stuff you need.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Manchester Xtreme is a moto X shop but they will get you any yamaha part still available for your bike

http://www.manchesterxtreme.co.uk/index.html

Wemoto is always worh bookmarking

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/Yamaha/FZR_600_3HE/92-93/

Busters

M&P

also ebay can be good, can also be crap...you have to ask the right questions.

All good shops OG B) Especially Manchester Extreme.

If its any consolation i have to order parts too, and my bike is only 3 years old.

I will add that the guy that looks like Mario from Clairemonts (forgot his name :unsure:) was working at Huddersfield Superbike (aka Earnshaws) and was still very helpful the last time i was there.

Sale Yamaha center have also been good, but a pita to get to for me.

Bike and Bits have gone err... naff (to be polite) since Glen took over, but they do stock some hard to find parts for older models and may be worth a try.

Thanks lads, I've got wemoto bookmarked and they do seem to have a good selection as does Motorcyle Products

(although I had to modify a clutch cable to make it fit)

I'll check out the others you mention OG and may have a wander up to bikes n bits tomorrow, they're just up the road from me

Thanks for the input

Google for "Motorcycle parts shop manchester" ;)