'78 DT125 / 175 - Spot the Differences!?!

This post is 4385 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Post Temporarily Removed - I dont feel like 'Sharing' with the world at the moment!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post Temporarily Removed - I dont feel like 'Sharing' with the world at the moment!

Looking good Mike, with hindsight theres a couple of things I now wish I'd powdercoated instead of spraying, the yokes and rear brake lever, are a couple I can think of, I see you used soap and water to clean down the engine, you are a braver man than me, I used a baby bath and parafin, and then sprayed afterwards with clean parafin in an old spray bottle, I wouldn't want any rust getting hold inside the barrel or ports, plus those wires coming out of the magneto, treat them with care they are old and easily broken within the protective plastic outer casing, as I found out to my peril, and £35 for a second hand stator.

Keep up the good work mate.

Nev

• 2 weeks later...

- Rear brake pedal; return spring has been found, and fitted, and teh C-Clip to hold it on, fitted. Still needs a decent washer though; it can ride out & foul on kick-start.

After losing 2 of those 'c' clips on the road i drilled mine and have a split pin performing retaining duties. Find it much more secure with a nice thick washer behind it.

• 3 months later...

Hi babes this is where you have been hiding.....

Can you please take the yellow custard out the kitchen

As want to get started on an engine,once that's done get the next project

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Aah tef, good to see you back. Wondered if you had given up. Im just starting to rebuild mine at the moment.

Have you checked out the dt club? They seem a good bunch. http://yamahadtclub.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=recent

Ed

You've done bloody well there mate, :thumb: pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

Good luck with the MOT, now all you have to do is ride it......................and learn how to take pictures in focus; some of those LEDs ones! :lol: :lol:! :D

• 2 weeks later...

She lives!!!

That was quite a journey mike...let us know how you get on when shes back on the trail :thumb:

THAT unfortunately isn't going to happen.

1am this morning, I loked out the window while waiting for the kettle to boil and thought, "The cover's the wrong colour?" I was looking at a 'space' and seeing the pink cover over my other half's bike!

STOLEN

Taken in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, United Kingdom.

FAIRLY distinctive machine! With many unique and identifiable features, if ANY-ONE knows of its whereabouts, please contact Warwickshire Police

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online