sh*t scare!

wild foamy
This post is 5317 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

f*ck me peeps, i hear all these horror stories about people having accidents on bikes most days, but i never fully understood the fear of it until last night.80

on the way back from halton, about 8pm as i came into newbury up a single road, lit by streetlights at 30mph (just before a speed camera), there was an oncoming car stationary, indicating to turn right across my lane into a driveway, now, being a cocky young shite i assumed he/she had seen me and carried on, as i got nearer the stupid tw*t started to turn, i shat myself, put the anchors on, locked the back wheel and braced for impact, thankfully i missed the back of the car by about 3 inches but f*ck me if it didnt shake me up big time... didnt feel right being on the DT today...

... just thought id share my near-death experiance... could do with a hug, Goff :)... *hint hint*

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

same thing happend to me with a cop van ?ohmy.gif i hit it dead centremad.gif .tell me? did you realy shit yourself

f*ck me peeps, i hear all these horror stories about people having accidents on bikes most days, but i never fully understood the fear of it until last night.80

on the way back from halton, about 8pm as i came into newbury up a single road, lit by streetlights at 30mph (just before a speed camera), there was an oncoming car stationary, indicating to turn right across my lane into a driveway, now, being a cocky young shite i assumed he/she had seen me and carried on, as i got nearer the stupid tw*t started to turn, i shat myself, put the anchors on, locked the back wheel and braced for impact, thankfully i missed the back of the car by about 3 inches but f*ck me if it didnt shake me up big time... didnt feel right being on the DT today...

... just thought id share my near-death experiance... could do with a hug, Goff :)... *hint hint*

I think everyone's been there. My cloth experience was rounding a bend at legal speeds (the Gp100 strugled to crack 65) speed to find just out of sight a stationary tractor with whirly spikey bits on the back just parked while the driver opend a gate.

we have all been there as Cynic says, my worst experience was coming around a bend to find a milk tanker coming the other way just about on the wrong side of the road riding my FS1E managed to doge between him and the hedge luckily, if i had been in a cage i dont think i would be typing this now

merv

A moral to the story, is every vehicle on the road is being driven by selfish distracted morons, without exception be it two, four or eighteen wheels, pedalled motorised or pushed, I have been riding bikes since the 1970’s, I still have had mishaps, I too know the haste of getting away from the infamous Halton.

I'm in the same boots as you always wondered when i would finally see these idiotic car drivers out to kill us all, and last week i nearly got took off my bike by 4 of them and 2 of them really gave me the sh*ters, one of which was a guy in a work van doing atleast 50 on a 30 onto a round about that i had just sat patiantly at to get round and when i finally did i clocked him not stopping and jumped on the brakes and he eventually came to a screeching stop a meter infront of me and his face was priceless coz am sure he might have gave his car a wee smell, but i could've killed the guy myself coz that would have been me finished if i never gave it the good old life saver check

there was an oncoming car stationary,

I though this was one of those crazy insurance stories at first, oncoming, stationary ; which was it ?? :blink:

being a cocky young shite i assumed he/she had seen me

Not realy, just call it experience. I 'll bet you'll not make any assumptions again in the near future. Be thankfull that you've had a near miss, learn a valuble lesson so that the time you are on a bigger bike, capable of 3 or 4 times your speed - you won't die!

People aren't really out to get you, they just don't look, they take no notice outside of their own little world (mobile phone, kids, radio). Anything you can do to make yourself noticed will swing the odds in your favour. Ok you shouldn't have to, they should look, but it's you who'll end up in A&E (if you're lucky!).

Here's a tip, if you ride directly at a car, many drivers wouldn't see you, if you change your road possition from the left to the rigt your chances of being seen is massivly increased. The Human eye has fantastic peripheral vision, you it to your advantage.

Oh, and always go for the increasing gap, never try to squeeze through... the other side of the road is often your best friend at times.

Glad to see you're OK though,

iHAD near miss the other night, was going home AT 5:30 VERY BUSY Traffic when a in a finer word DICKFACE! decided he wanted my lane just as i was overtaking him then breaked on a green light to stop haha what a dick!! my bike was fish tailing must have been a inch away from him. give him what a true manchester lad would say when i stopped lol he wouldnt open his window haha

glad to see everyone is still ok at the end of it though.

Similiar thing happened to me.........

I was driving to Halton wearing my flat cap and thinking about my pension. I was turning into my drive when a yobbo on a moped came tearing down the street at about 22 mph. I swerved but was unable to clip him. Bloody yobbos....................

I was driving to Halton wearing my flat cap and thinking about my pension. I was turning into my drive when a yobbo on a moped came tearing down the street at about 22 mph. I swerved but was unable to clip him. Bloody yobbos....................

lmao..welcome back DirtyDT :lol:

Took me a second there :D:D:D

Where you been hiding? You havent been crocked again!

:mellow::blink::lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online