bined my bike yesterday :/

barwell1992
This post is 5370 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well i came off my bike yesterday going in to a car park big 4x4 coming out of a junction surounded with high bushes took me buy suprise when i was turning in to the junction so put the breaks on and the front just let go the bike was on my leg but maaged to get out from under it then couldent get the bloody thing off of the floor and then coulent move it cuz i was in shock and been dumb as i couldent get it out off gear and totaly forgot about puling the cluch in lol :P theres some damage but nothing much but some expensif bits got broken

damage:

.split carbon radiator shield(£159 yamaha) got some off of ebay for £50 second hand

.cracked hand prtector (£90 yamaha) going to repair it with some super glue lol

.bent handle bars

.bent foot shifter(straightend for now)

.scrape down tank so needs a respray

.broken peg (geting some oberon pegs)

.2 broken indicators (replaced with dads old ones of off xt660, ordering micro ones on thursday)

thats it luckly the cluch leaver dident break so started her up and rode her home 10 miles with sprained thumb and swolen knee and a bit of a cut i had full kit on apart from jeans my boots took most of the force but are fine as stoped a broke nankle i think, gloves got a bit of a scorch and jacket has a burn on it lol and my helmet dident touch the floor thank god

i have decided to do some upgrading while im at it lol :D have a tail tidy on the way and a new light will be ordering some mini arow indicators (not led) to go with the new rear, oberon foot pegs black toring ones, geting some yamaha crash bobings (£109 :o rip off) and may get some fork crash protectos, posibly some new grips.

so yeh been a intresting few days :D lol but at least i get to tinker with the bike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

At least your intact (mostly) :rolleyes: , sorry to hear that Dan, but glad your OK big yin, at least you wear the gear-not like some of the 'Twangers' I see round my streets, speedy recovery m8 for you and your 'baby' ;)

Aw, bad news buddy..... Could have been worse and I'm glad to see you're getting straight back out there!!

Please don't take this the wrong way, but.....

From the sounds of it, it wasn't the 4x4's fault and you know exactly what happened?

For you, and indeed anyone else reading this, do your best to learn from this experience - Why it went wrong, what you could have done, what you will do to stop it happening again. The hardest part is if you did something wrong and being honest enough with yourself to admit that.

I'm guessing for you, it was hitting the front brake in a corner? Don't feel too bad - I've done that myself!!

Just don't do it again, eh :D

Good luck with the rebuild!!

wow loads of coments :)

thanks all and yeh the 4x4 driver's wife got out as my bike was in the way of the driver side s he couldent get out at first and she helped my pik the bike up also the driver behind got out and helped pick up the bits lol.

and it wasent the 4x4's fault at all just startled me and i dident think about what to do as i would have hit him if i had, i would have hit him if i hadent done any thing as well, so i just put the breaks on next second im eating pavment lol im just glad i dident hit his car lol as i dont want to have to deal with that.

and i dont think i could have come off so lightly if i dident have the gear on but i did so thats all good lol

and ye its a verry good excuse to tart the bike up got the first thing to day its a evtech radiator stone guard, hopfuly i should have my tail tidy and new radiator guards tomorow and maybe new light

going to phone yamaha about the bars and shifter as i carnt find the same width bars any where and carnt find the shifter at all

thanks dan

Good attitude, my man. Kudos to ya!!

Extra points for wearing kit.

It's the individual's choice, but I have more respect for those who do.

Good attitude, my man. Kudos to ya!!

Extra points for wearing kit.

It's the individual's choice, but I have more respect for those who do.

cheers :)

just recived a nice extramly well made radiator grill :D:P

also just orderd my oberon black footpegs and new handle bars an shifter so should all be hear for the weekend and my tail tidy and guards should be hear tommorow evthogh i wont be hear :( and the light should be coming to.

going to order mini indicators on thursday as well

so should be all nice and shiny :) apart from the tank :/

but all in all cost less than my insurance excess plus i dont have fuly comp so its was out of the question any way lol

but all in all cost less than my insurance excess

Blimey :blink:

Aside from downing your bike, you're doing rather nicely here, ain't 'cha? :)

You considered buying a lottery ticket while you're at it?

glad to hear that you made it with only a few scratches and dents to your pride and are looking at it from a positive point.

i have to respect anybody that gears up all the time. especially where i live.

i wear my full gear on the way to work, but on the way home i practically die since its 106 f.

after i get home if i have to go to the market, i skip the jacket. but always wear boots, gloves, and helmet and jeans.

I feel bad that i do this, especially after hearing what happened to you, as it makes me realize that if that happens to me and im without my coat, its gonna really peel me up. you made me think twice about not wearing the jacket thats for sure.

Glad your ok bud, its crap not having your bike on the road i fell as if iv had me leg cut off lol. On the bright sied if you can break it you can fix it. Well its lot easery than bones lol

haha maybe i should invest in £1 on a lotery ticket :)

and thanks little dave and yeh i dont like whereing my leathers (bottoms) but allways have boots gloves and helmet on and proper jacket or a leather one

and forddude no one sead it was off the road :) its ridable just not fast lol or far but is quite safe

not as bad as it was as i have tided it up as much as posible

well hears the damage

foot shifter was mangled but i straightend it out a bit

P1030240.jpg

foot peg has been bent down

P1030241.jpg

tank was scraped

P1030242.jpg

handle bars are badly bent up and back

P1030243.jpg

my carbon side protectors were damaged but im in the proses of repairing them and selling them on for (£25) as they have minimal damage hand have some more coming (£50 from ebay).hand guard(left) snaped at the conection joint and bolt shired off

i decided to try and hide the damage on the tank while i sort out the respray so i sanded it down with some 2000 grit paper then colored it in with perminet mark and it look normal from a short distance :)

P1030250.jpg

the good bit is i got a radiator grill from evotech performance (but off ebay as it was a return) got that for £5 less than rrp

P1030244.jpg

commiserations on the spill. i made this mistake at 17/18 and it affected my riding for a while. dont let it over shadow the way you ride

commiserations on the spill. i made this mistake at 17/18 and it affected my riding for a while. dont let it over shadow the way you ride

im trying not to but need to get stuf back on to get the feal of the bike right then will see how i feel as its a bit twichy atm with the bent bars

bikes sorted apart from the tank

hears the pics

repaired hand guards and new bars

IMG_0064.jpg

new tail

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

front

IMG_0063.jpg

new shifter & peg

IMG_0065.jpg

new pegs

IMG_0053.jpg

more new carbon radcovers

IMG_0049.jpg

next thing is the tank to be sprayed and posible the seat cowl both will be mat and gloss black (posibly)

Coming along nicely. Good work, chap!!!