Royal Enfield Bullet

mits007
This post is 5473 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Any1 tried riding one of these?...

I had a crash course (literally) when I went to India abt. 3 years ago.. Never been on a bike before learning on an Enfield... So for me, gear changing on the Right and brakind with the left foot was normal...

Great fun they are!.. but not when they land on you because you try to avoid a bullock heading for a collision course (totally oblivious those things!!!)

The best thing about riding in India is that you dont need to wear a helmet - such a sense of freedom!... - just pop your flip flops an and away you go.. err ensuring you've clothed all other necessary bits..

regards

-mits-

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cue Goff... ;)

aye a severe whipping is heading ur way :lol: . she dosna like near naked RIDING . But sounds good the trip tho" u can buy new R. Enfields here now. how was the bugs over there.?

lol!! Near nekkid riding huh - personal choice though honey, personal choice - just dont expect any grapes off me :lol:

I shall be riding an Enfield Bullet round India for charity in January - my friend has one complete with sidecar outfit - fuckin mental things they are!

he he he!...

There was this milkman on an old bike in india, & he had these stainless steel pails at the sides, a big bushy moustache (the ones that curl up) and was wearing a loincloth (Similar to Mahatma Ghandhi) he couldn't have sat any more bow legged!... anyway, I was passing him and he decided to just sway into my path, I whacked his pails, and then his right knee due to his weird riding position. the funny thing was, his loincloth got caught and I managed to rip a huge chunk of his clothing off...

He was not impressed (especially as I was smirking)... :unsure:

I decided to pay him off as I could see he was ready to take his sandals off and use them as a weapon on me.. (Maybe I should've had a chase?!?!?) I wish I did now, but then again, he might've took off with my cousins bike!... :lol:

regarding the bugs, well they were nice and crispy.... - you just learn to squint or wear sun glasses and keep your trap shut!... some people wear a small scarf around the mouth and nose, or even a welding visor!... (with a clear glass panel)

but looked a bit geeky for my liking <_< so I just had some shades on and clamped my mouth!...

Yeah, I was looking into buying an enfield at first, but after riding a kawasaki eliminator in India, I fell in love with that laid back riding position!... :D

tried a sports bike, (Hero-Honda Karisma) but just didn't find it comforable...

regards,

-mits-

just make sure you're not in the side car!.... :blink:

I saw mylife flash before my eyes when I was in one of them!... never ever ever ever ever again!.... :blink:

I think the Enfield Electra 500 you get over here (which I hope has correctly laid out controls) will do 87mpg!!!

It has fuel injection now as well.

lol!! Near nekkid riding huh - personal choice though honey, personal choice - just dont expect any grapes off me :lol:

I shall be riding an Enfield Bullet round India for charity in January - my friend has one complete with sidecar outfit - fuckin mental things they are!

I've ridden Enfields as a Team rider in Southern India and the Himalayas. It can be frustrating but I nearly always had a smile on my face. I might even pick up a ratty one over here (UK) for a fun summer ride in a retro enduro styley. :D

Any1 tried riding one of these?...

I had a crash course (literally) when I went to India abt. 3 years ago.. Never been on a bike before learning on an Enfield... So for me, gear changing on the Right and brakind with the left foot was normal...

Great fun they are!.. but not when they land on you because you try to avoid a bullock heading for a collision course (totally oblivious those things!!!)

The best thing about riding in India is that you dont need to wear a helmet - such a sense of freedom!... - just pop your flip flops an and away you go.. err ensuring you've clothed all other necessary bits..

regards

-mits-

A sense of freedom, that your brain tends to feel too when you fall off and it rolls down the road >.<