I gots me a Jawa :D

wild foamy
This post is 5546 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

erm, ive bought a Jawa 350 off ebay, need to phone the "ol' man" tomorrow and see if he will take me 50 miles to gloucester in the van to pick it up on sunday... far as i know its a Jawa 640, 350cc "Blue Sport"

its... erm, well lets just say its a restoration project, it needs tyres for a start, front forks need rebuilding, no doubt a battery, brakes, chain e.t.c but it gives me something to work on for my 17th.

but hey, bought for the sum of £172.99, can't be THAT bad... oh shit, only now do i realise what ive done... :unsure:

JAWA 350 SPORT

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEED to sell the DT now, big mumma wont let me have two...

and apparently the Car is going in the garage, so i have to clear all my tools out and the DT will be cast out on the streets like a stray... :unsure:

Shit Steve, I cant believe you did that :o Its a money pit, dont do it!!

i agree

money wasted

OH, Steve,Steve, Steve, What have you done,

I had one of these once (for about 3 days)

Think i was very drunk at the time,

Actually ran well, But the noise man the noise,

I wish you GOOD LUCK, (You Need to learn patience grasshopper).

Awwwww come on guys, show steve some support - its a project - anything can be done with it!

Ive got a gsxr frame, swingarm, tank and lights - and im gonna build me a fighter and thats gonna be a money pit, but so......- Im sure steve will either get on with it and sort it - or leave it i nthe garage for the next 5 years :lol:

And steve - i would let you have as many bikes as ya like honey ;):lol:

It'll be fine. I've bought worse.

Take your time cleaning and pulling it apart and inspecting it (bodywork etc) and you'll probably find a mouse nest in there somewhere too, judging by the storage condition.

Expect to spend about £100-£200 sorting it, but don't spend another penny on the bike until you've given it a good going over. At this stage you can still break it and get your money back if there's a serious problem.

Solid machines with a slightly 'agricultural' feeling to the engine, but it'll be grand.

There's probably an owners club kicking about somewhere on the interweb that can help you.

Check for engine seizure first - if she's kickstart, try to turn the engine over using your hand on the kick start - if she doesn't go easily, put a little oil down the cylinder and leave it overnight before trying again.

Even thought it's not a Yamaha, get back onto us here if you need help - an engine is an engine.

Check everything else - any and all bushes and bearings (headstock, swing arm, wheels) and the brakes are probably jammed on, again, will need a little TLC.

Looks like the kickstart has been taken off according to the listing - would want to know why it's off (broken off?).

I might have a spare kickstart knocking about (currently on an AG100 engine, probably wont fit (assuming that it's not welded in place, think it may be)) but yours if you want it.

(Go for it!)

Awwwww come on guys, show steve some support - its a project - anything can be done with it!

I agree, most hobbies are a labour of love, who cares what it costs if you have a good time doing it, hell my hobbies cost me thousands every year, and as long as the wife and daughter don't go without no-one complains.

I do quite fancy a project, but just don't have to room, or time if I was honest, what with three bikes already I think it would be taking the whole biker thing a bit too far.

I'd start with a wash steve (not you, the bike)

good luck steve with your project it might not be everybodys cup of tea but its yours,like gas up i agree all hobbies cost money but you will have many hours of pleasure and frustration in equal doses even if you never complete it you will gain so much experience which you can take on to further projects, give the bike a good clean off stand back and have a good look at what lies ahead and prove all the doubters wrong, it wasn,t a kings ransom in cost so have fun and enjoy your project, i for one have made many mistakes in buying bikes but have never had regrets i always remain positive, have a ball and post a few pictures .

The kickstart on Jawa engines is also the gear lever, you push it in and twist it upwards about 120* and kick it, then push it back around to the normal position for gear lever usage.

i didnt buy it to make a profit, i bought it to tidy up so i could use it for when im 17 and have taken my full test, ive ridden a CZ180 and that was LUVERLY, if all else fails i will streetfighter it :lol:

My DT was a money pit, spent about £500 on it since ive had it and i will not see that money again, but i do it because i absolutely love to tinker!

Goff; dont s'pose you've got a spare room you wouldn't mind renting out? :lol:, i'd kip on your washing line if needs be

So Steve youve got positive and negative reactions in equal measure, time will tell. The thing that concerned me most with it were

I dont think I have a logbook for it but will update the listing should I find it.

The front forks are pitted.

The spares you need may be very difficult to find, its easy to say yeah, good on you and go for it, but you are looking to be able to ride that bike very soon, not have it in the garage as a labour of love, many of us could live with that situation as we have several modes of transport to choose from, but you dont.

Whatever you do you know we will do our best to help, even if we know nowt about Jawas

I remeber in the 70's when i lusted after a CZ !!! ( well i had a benelli 750sei poster as well )

when i saw the thread i thought you bought a speedway bike :lol:

get the engine running and make your decisions from there what to do next.

enjoy your tinkering and keep us informed

drewps

I remeber in the 70's when i lusted after a CZ !!!

drewps

Me too mate, a 175 trail, went to the show at Belle vue and gazed at it for ages, they were crap though, the funny thing is, the true competition bikes MX 's were very good top notch affairs, i'll try find a picture of my 'Dream' bike :lol:

Twas indeed, it was either gold or a mustard yellow, cant remember for certain, did you go to the Belle Vue shows?

I did a couple of times, it was also sad to see the zoo and those unhappy animals

I remeber in the 70's when i lusted after a CZ !!! drewps

Me too mate, a 175 trail, went to the show at Belle vue and gazed at it for ages, they were crap though, the funny thing is, the true competition bikes MX 's were very good top notch affairs, i'll try find a picture of my 'Dream' bike :lol:

CZ175_main.jpg

So that was it...Beautiful Innit !! :blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online