car drivers

gav dt
This post is 5578 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

why is it that some motorists have no cosideration for motorbike riders ........... this has been playin on my mind for ages so i thought i would voice it ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's because they are driving because they have to - not because they want to.

Motorcyclists tend to ride because they want to not because they have to - totally different attitude.

It's because they are driving because they have to - not because they want to.

Motorcyclists tend to ride because they want to not because they have to - totally different attitude.

yes but how come they have no consideration for uss on the road . an we are expected to look out for them shouldent it be vice versa ????

Thyre not gonna get hurt as much, thats why some (not all) drive like that! Just expect each and every one of them to cut you up or pull out from a side street in front of you and you will be ready for the ones that do!....SURVIVE

It doesnt help being on a fifty either, you get pushed into the gutter because you cant command your patch so well due to the lack of power, it gets better when you get a bigger bike, Then...no one shoves you into the gutter!!

a big factor is that car drivers are very disengaged from the environment they are in. Hence why we call them 'cagers'. I drive a car most of the time and with heater, radio, other distractions, the 'cell' of the car creates a remotness. Bikes are almost the oppsite, we are very immersed in our environment and we do not have that cellular protection. the governement should make CBTs compulsory for all learner car drivers before they can take the test.

the governement should make CBTs compulsory for all learner car drivers before they can take the test.

Agree with everything you say and YES it is time the driving test for cage drivers was tightend up !! the present test dates back to the 1970s !!

Thyre not gonna get hurt as much, thats why some (not all) drive like that! Just expect each and every one of them to cut you up or pull out from a side street in front of you and you will be ready for the ones that do!....SURVIVE

It doesnt help being on a fifty either, you get pushed into the gutter because you cant command your patch so well due to the lack of power, it gets better when you get a bigger bike, Then...no one shoves you into the gutter!!

it does not matter if yhuu have a lack of power at the end of the day i have had big bikes an it still happens i think car drivers need to go on a road awareness lesson lol ?

a big factor is that car drivers are very disengaged from the environment they are in. Hence why we call them 'cagers'. I drive a car most of the time and with heater, radio, other distractions, the 'cell' of the car creates a remotness. Bikes are almost the oppsite, we are very immersed in our environment and we do not have that cellular protection. the governement should make CBTs compulsory for all learner car drivers before they can take the test.

i agree. if they did make every learner take a cbt there is the added bonus that they may actually like riding bikes and go out and get one,

so many people say 'oh you wont catch me on one of them there too fast, too dangerous etc., but as we all know, its not the bike thats dangerous......and it only goes as fast as your right hand,, ahem, the bike that is..

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Cars own the road. The road was created for them.

You are a motorbike. You don't belong on their road. All you motorbikers ride far too fast and dangerously, cutting cars up and being invisible.

You should all be banned from the road.

Next week: Lorry Drivers.

i agree. if they did make every learner take a cbt there is the added bonus that they may actually like riding bikes and go out and get one,

so many people say 'oh you wont catch me on one of them there too fast, too dangerous etc., but as we all know, its not the bike thats dangerous......and it only goes as fast as your right hand,, ahem, the bike that is..

yeh well it does not matter how fast yhuu go they still have a lack of consideration towards uss ????

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

You are a motorbike. You don't belong on their road. All you motorbikers ride far too fast and dangerously, cutting cars up and being invisible.

You should all be banned from the road.

Next week: Lorry Drivers.

us bikers will never be banned from the road the road was not purposly built for cars <_<

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

nooooooooooooo.

Jaguar and Merc drivers own the road, unlike BMW and Luxus drivers who just think they do.

Let's start a momement, ban all bikes from the roads...... then we can have a revolution....

:rolleyes:

us bikers will never be banned from the road the road was not purposly built for cars <_<

Oh really?

Well, watch me crash my BMW Executive 7-series turbo charged box into your flimsy bike and see who survives. I survive, which means I'm right. I'm also right because I'm a company rep and I have a big willy.

Truth is, there are many reasons why they do what they do.

Lack of attention, stupidity, lack of judgement, delusions of performance and even on purpose.

The hard fact of riding is that you cannot fight back.

You must be defensive all the time, else you risk someone being a murderous c**t and wasting you, before simply driving away in the knowledge that they won't get punished. There are people that will give way to offensive riding, but you won't know who they are until it happens.... and if it's not going to happen, the only time you'll find out is when it's too late.

If this concept is too much for you to deal with, drive something bigger (an APC is my personal choice) and bully them back.

But on a more serious note.

yes but how come they have no consideration for uss on the road . an we are expected to look out for them shouldent it be vice versa ????

Like I said, it's a metter of attitude. They have the wrong attitude because they don't 'want' to drive. When you were at school were you better at the things you enjoyed? that's the point.

Most (not all) drivers don't really want to be there, so they do the absolute minimum they have to to themselves from A to B.

Here's something to consider - anything that happens to you on the road is your fault. Live by that and you live longer

Being right is no consolation while you are waiting in A&E (or in a hurse)

All cage drivers hate BUS drivers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, right??????????? we pull away from bus stops without waiting or signaling ?? they pull out of side roads with out waiting for you to pass ?? they stop with out signaling ?? they take up most of the road and won`t let you pass ?? they are slow and never use there mirrors ??

WE are really just getting our own back on cage drivers !!!!!!!!!!!

Cos a lot of us ride MOTOR BIKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

But on a more serious note.

Like I said, it's a metter of attitude. They have the wrong attitude because they don't 'want' to drive. When you were at school were you better at the things you enjoyed? that's the point.

Most (not all) drivers don't really want to be there, so they do the absolute minimum they have to to themselves from A to B.

Here's something to consider - anything that happens to you on the road is your fault. Live by that and you live longer

Being right is no consolation while you are waiting in A&E (or in a hurse)

its soon the summer and many a rider will be dusting off the bike after its stood in the shed for the winter while the cars been getting used..

just remember the close shave you had last year that made you remember how vurnerable you are??

ok not everyone but probably most will have had something happen that made you think twice,, so remember it well,

it'll keep the fact that car drivers ARE unreasonable and sometimes unforgivably stupid ie smidsy,,right up there, so avoiding them is as instinctive as rememberin to shake it when your done,,

dont ever be complacent and cover that front brake approachin junctions etc cos you never know....

ride safe folks.

why is it that some motorists have no cosideration for motorbike riders ........... this has been playin on my mind for ages so i thought i would voice it ?

oooo dont get me started on this one!!..... :tantrum::tearhair::soapbox:

And im all for cage drivers doing a CBT or at least write some sort of Motorcycle Awareness into the current rubbish they have to do to be on the road...

Since doing my CBT, passing my bike test and riding on the roads on my bike its amazing how my observations, attitude and actions in my car have changed in respect of the humble biker...I even find myself doing life savers and everyfink :shrug: All for the better though hey..

I always think when your on your bike, if you anticipate someone pulling out on you or being a d**k, they prolly will be so just give em more room, let em go and get on with it...damn annoying but it keeps you out of a hedge and / or alive. There is no accounting for ignorant t**ts....

Good luck..

oooo dont get me started on this one!!..... :tantrum::tearhair::soapbox:

And im all for cage drivers doing a CBT or at least write some sort of Motorcycle Awareness into the current rubbish they have to do to be on the road...

Since doing my CBT, passing my bike test and riding on the roads on my bike its amazing how my observations, attitude and actions in my car have changed in respect of the humble biker...I even find myself doing life savers and everyfink :shrug: All for the better though hey..

I always think when your on your bike, if you anticipate someone pulling out on you or being a d**k, they prolly will be so just give em more room, let em go and get on with it...damn annoying but it keeps you out of a hedge and / or alive. There is no accounting for ignorant t**ts....

Good luck..

Every car driver should do the bike test, will make them an infinately better driver.

And every biker should be made to learn how to drive a car and a truck.

That way they can appreciate how car drivers might not see them.

Every cyclist who runs a red light should get run over.