Parking for bikes?

wild foamy
This post is 5571 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone.

just a qucik question, it may seem a bit of a no-brainer but im new to this motoring lark :P.

basically, do motorcycles need to use pay and display?, a few weeks ago when i went to Andover, neither of the other two bikes in the car park had P&D tickets, and i dont really have anywere to stick a ticket to.

Regards

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Read the pay and display machine notice board to confirm, At this years Cheddar Rd meet we were sitting in a corner of the car park where there was a corner marked motorcycle parking it was kinda of triangular between the tin bin spaces

anyhow we spilled over into a few spaces either side, along came pissportant official hat told us we could not occupy car spaces unless we paid, if we bought one ticket we could jam as many bikes as we wanted in a car space. but the free parking was only in the corners so we jammed all the bikes into the free bike park space

merv

That will be a no mate! They should have an area for bikes and it is free,if you had a ticket youve got no where to stick it and some t**t would nick it! :D

Hi everyone.

just a qucik question, it may seem a bit of a no-brainer but im new to this motoring lark :P.

basically, do motorcycles need to use pay and display?, a few weeks ago when i went to Andover, neither of the other two bikes in the car park had P&D tickets, and i dont really have anywere to stick a ticket to.

Regards

Steve

You know, this is a sore point for me as i went into town yesterday and parked up, where i shouldn't have (no signs). There were p & d car parks around but nowhere to display the ticket. I ended up getting a fine of £35! So I phoned up and queried the matter, they told me you have to in no uncertain terms use the p & d parks and take the ticket with you. If they then give you a ticket you have to appeal it and they will withdraw the charge! It's all swings and roundabouts. There are also motorcycle bays hiding around everywhere, (apparently), but usually no signs to direct you.

I hope this helps mate. Ride safe!

Some P&Ds will state that bikes park for free.

It is lessening in some areas, though.

Speaking of parking - wha do you do aboutthe ignorant twats who park inthe motorcycle bays of your local ASDA? I have often gone into there only to find that some illerterate arsehole has taken up the space meant for motorcycles?

I wear gloves with metal knuckles and these often come in useful......... :D

now there is an advantage of having a two stroke...

the excess oil just drips out the exhaust pipe so to make goo use of it, simply wipe the excess oil under the door handles and on the windscreen wipers,

im a proper biker now :)

I park and block them in, before going into teh shop and lodging a complaint immediately.

Security at the local Tesco are all bikers, so they happily assist :D

In the past I've leaned against the cars while smoking a ciggy and staring at the ma-HOO-ssive sign that says, "Motorcycle Parking Only".

Whenever said fuckwitts take exception to me, I point out that it's a private car park, monitored by a private clamping firm who can legitamately ticket and/or clamp any car in the bike bay.

It's probably true as well!!

now there is an advantage of having a two stroke...

the excess oil just drips out the exhaust pipe so to make goo use of it, simply wipe the excess oil under the door handles and on the windscreen wipers,

im a proper biker now :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Buy a flame thrower - They're cheaper!!

Buy a flame thrower - They're cheaper!!

but illegal, at least this is more fun (if you had the dough)

Hi everyone.

Regards

Steve

:rolleyes: Unless things have changed since last year here on merseyside no need for pay and display as some tosser could easily nick the ticket, no smartass scouser jokes!!!!!!!!!!, less car/bike crime this way than a lot of UK cities.

Grumy oldman.

Speaking of parking - wha do you do aboutthe ignorant twats who park inthe motorcycle bays of your local ASDA? I have often gone into there only to find that some illerterate arsehole has taken up the space meant for motorcycles?

I wear gloves with metal knuckles and these often come in useful......... :D

Barricade them in with trolleys all linked together, good chance they'll ding their own doors when removing them :D

When I used to work in downtown Portland......I parked in a parking garage with alot of designated spots for Motorcycles....

But then there's always some Yuppie Asshole that thinks he owns the whole garage & parks wherever he can stuff his Beemer. :rolleyes:

A fellow workmate/rider & I would take great joy @ the end of the day.....in setting off all the Yuppie's car alarms in 6 stories of garage....with just the exhaust note of our bikes! :lol::lol:

Like the sticker on my helmet @ that time read:

DIE YUPPIE SCUM! <_< ...... :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online