Levers?

Batifan19
This post is 5591 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya everyone...Question for ya..

Im wanting to change the standard levers on my '99 R6, being a girly I find the clutch a little hard to pull in sometimes, especially after long rides or if its a tad cold...what do you reccomend? Pazzo's?

Any help appreciated...

Ta muchly :icon_cheesygrin:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

work out a bit? :P

only joking, try moving your hand further up the lever for a bit more leverage, other than that im not sure there is anything you can do in regards to softening the clutch spring mechanism, perhaps use thinner fluid if it is a hydraulic clutch, or if its an old cable system like on my DT try adding a bit more lube to the cable

Wife has got a set of CRG Roll a Click levers (these come in a shorty or normal length) from Demon Tweekes, on her Fazer 600, she is happy with them,, she only has small hands and the stretch with the normal lever on the clutch side was a bit of a strain.....

but if you use short levers then yo've not got as much leverage so it's harder to pull the lever in! I thnik this one is going to be hard for anyone to answer spot on. I would consider making sure your cable is running freely, I' recently had to change my clutch cable on my 04 R6 cos I noticed it was getting stiffer, when I took the fairing off it was evident why ... the cable was touching the downpipes, it'd melted all the plastic shroud so the metal had rusted and the outer coil had collapsed and had gummed up with crud. That was an extreme case, but the cables do need oiling now and again so it could be worth trying that first before spending any money on other stuff.

work out a bit? :P

Yip hit it on the nail Wld.Foamy. ;) Get urself A Set o" them spring grips .. and use them at night wen watchn tele ..

YOU"LL Feel the benifit . month or two down the line .. And when spring comes round u"ll think the clutch is softer. [its just ur fore-arms will have built up [we used them for Tug o"War Training] and keep using them . because muscle

waste s" if not used ..

And Wild Foamy . u"ll not need them " your wrists will be well built up if youve not got girlfriend at the moment :lol:

Hiya everyone...Question for ya..

Im wanting to change the standard levers on my '99 R6, being a girly I find the clutch a little hard to pull in sometimes, especially after long rides or if its a tad cold...what do you reccomend? Pazzo's?

Any help appreciated...

Ta muchly :icon_cheesygrin:

Geday, Just a thought, being a 10 year old bike, has the cable ever been cleaned and lubricated properly? I don,t know how often you ride but generally after a while the use of the clutch becomes second nature and even a heavy clutch becomes quite tolerable. As stated, if lever is adjustable, bring the lever in as close to the bar as possible without inhibiting the clutch function, You will find the over extending of the fingers to pull in the lever is the likely cause of your left hand fatiguing. If you are on a long trip and you wish to press on you can upshift without the clutch so long as you ensure you have throttled off fully. However this should not become a habit! HAVE A BLAST!

but if you use short levers then yo've not got as much leverage so it's harder to pull the lever in!

(these come in a shorty or normal length)

Short levers are most often used by racers, means if they bin the bike then more often than not the levers will not be damaged,something less to be replaced, also makes it easier for the marshals to move the bike from the middel of the track when the bike is in gear and the gear change is missing !!

Thanks for all your input guys...im loving the "grips for exercising me hands" idea :P ...and yeah gonna have a proper looksy at the cable n that...