Is it legal?

Biker Bird
This post is 5749 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi im new so hi to all! I have a Yamaha tw 125 and i stopped outside my local shop (only wanted some fags!) and a community support officer made a point of coming over and trying to tell me my back 'tyre' he said is illegal,i thought he ment my knobbly's which are the road legal ones but he said my back wheel should be the same size as the front,to which i replied er no that is legal and that is how the tw's are am i going mad?! please tell me im right coz the guy was a prick :angry::angry:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi im new so hi to all! I have a Yamaha tw 125 and i stopped outside my local shop (only wanted some fags!) and a community support officer made a point of coming over and trying to tell me my back 'tyre' he said is illegal,i thought he ment my knobbly's which are the road legal ones but he said my back wheel should be the same size as the front,to which i replied er no that is legal and that is how the tw's are am i going mad?! please tell me im right coz the guy was a prick :angry::angry:

Welcome to the site!!!!

Oooo er..I think he was being a jobsworth. It does apply to cars but with bikes I dont think so. All wheels on the same axle have to be the same size..so strictly speaking..u have 1 on each axle..size is not important. Id have told him to go fetch VOSA if he was that bothered.

>Click here for mandatory wheel info<

........a community support officer made a point of coming over and trying to tell me my back 'tyre' he said is illegal I thought he ment my knobbly's which are the road legal ones but he said my back wheel should be the same size as the front,to which i replied er no that is legal and that is how the tw's are am i going mad?! please tell me im right coz the guy was a prick :angry::angry:

PCSO's have less rights that mr average, I wouln'd take any notice.

It's complete crap what he is saying, there is a whole plethera of bikes out there with different sized wheels - my nice new XT660Z, my TTR600E has, my last two Varadero's did. Utter rubish.

Id have told him to go fetch VOSA if he was that bothered.

:yeahthat: Here here.

Even if it was a police officer, all they can do is report it - just because you are accused doesn't mean they are right. Yamaha wouldn't have got these bikes past homologation if there were any issues at all.

Did you get a note of his number? you can always report him..........

anyway, :welcome:

The guy's a prick. You should have picked up an air gauge and measured his tires and told him that his tire pressures were wrong and that you'd be reporting him.

That'd get him thinking.

Whenever you come across a total tosser like this, ask for a ticket and tell him you`ll see them in court. It aint never gonna happen !!

Failing that, if you DO want to go to court, you can always give `em a slap :lol:

Whenever you come across a total tosser like this, ask for a ticket and tell him you`ll see them in court. I aint never gonna happen !!

Failing that, if you DO want to go to court, you can always give `em a slap :lol:

Live to ride is quite correct - same size wheel (and tyre) on SAME axle - what a numpty - should have got his number and posted him a copy of the regulations for 'homework'!!!

:angry:

Just tell the glorified traffic warden to get a proper job and stop hassling folk who are obviously far too intelligent to be wearing a uniform that clearly advertises the fact they are not clever enough to become a REAL policeman *snigger*

Thanks everybody! I knew I was right, it makes me so angry coz as soon as I pulled up I knew he would target me, one coz I have a motorbike and two as Im female and have a motorbike! He's probably never ridden or sat on a bike in his life, the dickhead.

Just imagine all industries calling back all of their models (especialy On-Offs) because this guy marks that "the front wheel-tyre is not exactly the same with the back"... lol

Or just imagine a SBK with a rear tyre exactly the same as the front... It just wouldn't start, it would dig the road every time someone trie a ride with it... super lol

Anyway, The answer to the warden is "This is how the bike is being imported. Try telling that to the Ministry of Transportation or who else is giving the OK (Homologation - Registration type) for this bike's import." ;-)