power band not engaging..!!

tom9
This post is 3200 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi.. i have a yam dt125x supermoto. 2006.. the powerband has stopped working.. ive checked the valve, and it has not siezed and it is free, so the motorised unit has stopped the opening and closing of the valve. would any of you bikers know how to check the motor... i mean is it on a fuse or a relay.. or is it just duff then.. .... please tom...............

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hmm " :eusa_think: When you switch on ignition, does it whirrrrrr, [ thru cleaning cycle,,] ?

Do an intro , in new members, :fingerwave: ALSO

Typical one hit wonder " posted 6am - looks back in @ 8am, nae answer , so hes off :ct:

• Like 1

Ha Ha Haaaaa!!! , I'll be ordering two , 'cos my Elsie's a twin !

you get two power bands in a packet ;)

• Like 1

you get two power bands in a packet ;)

That shows the quality of proper tuning. That initial surge then on to the full power twin band hit at 6k.

Need to check your licence though. Prob above A2.

If the bikes been rebored will I need 1 and a half bands? If I cut the second band slimmer will that be OK?

If the bikes been rebored will I need 1 and a half bands? If I cut the second band slimmer will that be OK?

Only on Monday's :eusa_whistle:

you normally have to measure the width of the bands to the cc of the bore, that way the power band is resonating at the correct frequency of the engine and ensures longevity as well as power!

hope that helps

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online