It's so big and shiny!

captf
This post is 3329 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeh its a cracker " :thumb:. that's one of the best biking stage"s. the jump to a bigger bike, you"l luv that thing ,

And believe it or not , you get the same buzz again jumping to 1000cc ,,[ say 120bhp]

God knows what them 190bhp sports bike are like,, :crazy:

Of course not Capt! I jest...

Blackie - I can't imagine what those super sports must be like either. Mine kicks out 105bhp and it's shocking how fast it can go (for me, anyway) without really trying... More than enough bike for me.

• Like 2

First time I got on a big bike (private roads before someone plays the law and shouts at me) I did the same thing, forget about the power and put too much throttle on, next thing you know your going twie as fsast as you want to and the front wheels not on the floor anymore :P

Lovely bike, wanted one for a while, but these days i think I'fd prefer an old CB, anyway, hope you enjoy.

How's the bike going Capt? Enjoying it? Hope you're finding it ok on the commute.

I'm still trying to figure out if going the 602 is faster than going by Eccles New Road to work - with filtering, I'm still only getting to about 30mph on it.

Time difference seems negligble, so contemplating sticking with ENR, for lower chance of knobbers changing lane without indicating [already had it happen multiple times in the past 2 days]

Getting home is better, can actually hit the 60+ speeds.

I really like how much easier the bike is to handle at slower speeds; I'd forgotten all about that on bigger bikes. Still need to get a proper handle on the gear changes though [and may need to adjust my biting point] - I'm hitting the revs back in while the clutch is still disengaged; or finding neutral when going up from first...

But I've not even dropped it yet! :D

That's cool - and yes, I also noticed how much easier a bigger bike is to handle at slow speed.

Does your clutch lever have span adjustment? That may aid your gear changes?

Glad you're enjoying it though!

Na, no span adjustment on it. Only on the brake [which I keep forgetting to adjust]

It's mainly, though, just to get used to not treating it like the YBR. I'd gotten to know that bike well, that this will obviously be an adjustment.

Transition has been good so far though

Yes clutchless up shifts were easy on the Tiger so used to do it quite a bit on that. Get it right and it's seamless.

Don't do it much on the ST as it wants you to rev it much higher to allow for clutchless and I don't like to spend all my time in every gear giving it the beans because I'm dull like that...!

dunno about underrated - I've seen a crap load of positive review (:

I'm currently hoping though that I've not killed the battery from completely discharging it today while I was at work. [Left the parking light on like a n00b]

You're welcome to borrow my Optimate - happy to drop it off so you can give it a good charge.

The AA guy and I left the bike running for ~15mins before I set off [we chatted bikes (:]. Ride home is ~25 mins.

Gave it a test restart when I got home, and seemed fine.

Worse comes to worse, I still have the baby bike to get me to work tomorrow...

Optimates are good then? [Just in case I ever do something silly again]

Seems to do the job. Never used one on the Tiger as the battery is good enough to light a small village for a week. Battery on the ST is a bugbear so I bought one as I spend a fair amount of time out of the country with work. I have the Optimate connector installed on my battery so couldn't be easier to plug in if I feel it's getting low.

I've never had a battery konk out on me as the bikes get a fair good run up and down motorways but happy to know I have one in the house.