Please don't laugh... Help required...

bippo
This post is 3376 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fleabay - type in "RAM mount". I have a similar one some of my bikes. Makes mounting things a lot easier but the kits are quite expensive. That is if I was right?

looks good Bips, amazing what a few inches will do!

well done to Paul too :)

I keep telling the missus that but she never believes me! [emoji23]
  • Like 1

Yes, DDT is quite right, it's a RAM Mount. Not an attractive piece of kit, but certainly practical.

I only installed it a couple of weeks ago. Handlebar space is rather limited on the Street Triple. Originally intended for it to sit centrally on the bars but it didn't fit with my tank bag and completely obscured my speedo. So I had no choice but to mount it off to the left. In order to do that I needed to get a separate bracket that attaches to the handlebar clamp.

I don't have sat nav so it's intended purpose is for my phone which I'll use as a sat nav. I'll only use it on long trips, but am just leaving it on the bike. It's a workhorse anyway so can be forgiven for looking a little ugly...!

I didn't find the components expensive, well made, don't vibrate and lifetime warranty and able to mix and match with a wealth of components. Swings and roundabouts, but all-told it's cheaper than GPS and I'll use it more.

I keep telling the missus that but she never believes me! [emoji23]

I was waiting for that, reel 'em in :)

Damn that weather looks wicked. I see a drop of rain (never mind snow) and I rather stay off the bikes.

• Like 1