Yamaha XS250 1978

Unk
This post is 2762 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

OK so the engine really is stripped right down now. Didnt get as much done tonight as I would have hoped as spent best part of an hour trying to get Diana's Data Alarm on her GSX650F to shut up! The ignition would not come on and therefore I was unable to reset it so it kept going off every 90 seconds or so....tried the fuses but in the end thought the battery may be flat....and it was.....but I had ridden it for an hour earlier today. The 2008 model had a rectifier recall as it was eating batteries and this has been back to have that done but it still eats batteries. Cant turn lights off on this model.....she is giving it back to Marriots for them to sort!

Reckon it's going to need more than my elbow grease to clean this properly as it really is caked on the underside.

IMG_1438_zps52a22491.jpg

Bit gutted today as the seat arrived and despite being of sound base the cover is split in two places despite the description on fleabay saying to the contrary...'the cover wow condition very very good condition'.

This is only the second thing I have bought on there, the first being the bike so not really sure of the protocol but other than the tears the rest of the description is spot on so don't want to send it back but clearly it will need recovering.

Any advice on how to resolve the issue would be great.....at the moment I have emailed the seller and I am awaiting their response!

IMG_1441_zps72009b32.jpg

IMG_1440_zpseef79279.jpg

IMG_1439_zps83de31f7.jpg

I do of course appreciate that the cover itself is probably 30+ years old but the description should reflect this should it not or am I being fussy?

Issue resolved to my satisfaction.....after a bit of debate on the phone....sounded a decent sort of bloke but wanted me to pack the seat back up and return it to him for a full refund as today he had taken in an XS250 and could use the seat for that. Clearly that didn't help me and all I wanted was a 'gesture' as the description was inaccurate.....I just wanted the postage back as I suspected, given the age of the vinyl, there may be issues with its integrity. Anyway.....after much deliberation he finally agreed to refund the postage (£10) so I am happy and his feedback rating of 99.6% remains intact.

It's good to talk.....

Bet that was a lie " [ about the Xs arriving ] he was forcing your hand,,,99.6 , says it all :eusa_snooty: ...

You were right , item not as described,, :thumb:

the number of times I've bought " fantastic part" when it is clearly a load of crap beggars belief.

the seat base is the important bit and getting £10 off is great.

Leightons in brum do a great service or Matt Caulfield in Hyde (did my Gilera seat) is also good.

A bit of a lesson learned there Drewpy.....one of life's experiences.....damn!

the number of times I've bought " fantastic part" when it is clearly a load of crap beggars belief.

the seat base is the important bit and getting £10 off is great.

Leightons in brum do a great service or Matt Caulfield in Hyde (did my Gilera seat) is also good.

seem to think this place has gone?

seem to think this place has gone?

nope, he moved a year ago as I went to his new place for the Gilera. I have him on face ache too. Still knocking out some great seats

• Like 1

This has just gone up on ebay.....back in the day, and the reason why I am now bringing the old XS back to life, mine was just like this except Red in colour but with the spoke wheels.....even more spooky is that the reg on this is EYC310T and mine was EYC314T.....so they would have sat shoulder to shoulder in Bransons of Yeovil back in 1979......ahh the memories....

EYC310T_zps33270563.jpg

• Like 3

Love it!

Hey unk this one is on ebay too, its same as my first bike except mine was red, couldn't buy this though not with that reg, LFC & I would have been tempted.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-XS250-1980-BLACK-GOLD-CLASSIC-MOTORCYCLE-/151463379140?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2343ebc0c4

Hey unk this one is on ebay too, its same as my first bike except mine was red, couldn't buy this though not with that reg, LFC & I would have been tempted.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-XS250-1980-BLACK-GOLD-CLASSIC-MOTORCYCLE-/151463379140?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2343ebc0c4

3N6 model would have front rubber mounts

I owned and XS250cw, the one with the rounder tank, but I couldn't say it it vibrated or not as the fekker would never start............."move on jim, move on"

• Like 1