look what I found!

wild foamy
This post is 3539 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Steve, is that question for Paul or me? I would be very, very tempted if it had some sort of documentation or v5.

I can always go and ask the guy, that's if it's even still there, It wasn't really advertised very well, just leant against the transit with £160 written on the handlebars

I'm watching the pitch for a few hours whilst the old man goes to have his hand stapled back together after a rather disastrous angle grinder accident. After that I'll go have a mosey

To be fair, Paul should have first refusal. Even if it just has an old tax disk showing the reg and no v5 it would be easy to get the thing registered.

So here's the story:

It's a mobylette motobecane (stamped with number 328683, dated 26-10-60, same birthday as me! Only a few decades before) and It originally came from France along with another mobylette, the guy restored the other one and sold it on and this one sat in his shed until he died, then it was bought as part of a clearance and found its way onto the trade stall down here. it has apparently not been registered in the UK. My DT50 had no registration number when I applied for a V5 but my guess is they were able to get it from the VIN number as it had been previously registered.

From what I can see it is missing it's chain and rear light, all the levers and major parts are still there but the guy hasn't tried to run it.

He also had a few other bikes, one was a mercury with no top end, the others were ordinary bicycles.

DSC_0149_zpstt0l52zh.jpg

DSC_0147_zpsdx9uqcwk.jpg

DSC_0148_zpsgs2jgdis.jpg

Given the unregistered import it would not be worth anything to me. It would cost over £100 to get the bikes paperwork done so it now becomes close to £300 before any work starts on it.

Shame really so, in the words of "the dragons", I'm out.

Been to speak with the nice stewards in the bike section, hopefully gonna be exhibiting the DT50 here next year, although they seemed more interested in the XJ turbo so may have to slap that back together pretty sharpish

tomos is still being made, and looks the proper 70's part

The puch Maxi was faster than the XS250..... :babyha:

The puch Maxi was faster than the XS250..... :babyha:

Hey!! watch it Johnny boy I had 87mph out of my xs250 more than once and it didn't self destruct like you know what :razz:

You could re-engine it ??

I have seen it as well befor ,,but I ask this question why??? the time and money put into building it was for nothing other than to say I did it! you could do alot whit the time and money and build something way faster for less$$$

I have seen it as well befor ,,but I ask this question why??? the time and money put into building it was for nothing other than to say I did it! you could do alot whit the time and money and build something way faster for less$$$

If you have enough cash then 'because' is all the reason you need. People spend hundreds of thousands on paintings. There is a few grand in it maybe but its change to some.

Not me unfortunately.

If it wasn't for these 'just because' creations, would we still have space travel, or the automobile, or even the alarm clock that has wheels on it and fucks off across the room to get me out of bed?... Probably tbf

I get what your both sayin,but it is probably closer to ten grand,to build it with the chroming and amount of machining to get 4 eng's fitted together and you still have a moped's handeling ( read crap) and my 250 will blow it away,run in mud and jump.

I just think if your going to build something then make it worth it,as in handel better,stop better,power is nothing if the chassis,tires and brakes can't cope.So while he did do it ,it is stupid now he has 4 eng's to fiddel with and blow up 1 and what a PITA it is going to be to fix,he could have put 1 yz490 motor in and been done

Then why do Harleys exist? Lets be honest as a motorcycle there crap.

My personal 'wanna do project' and i have said it many times on here is to bolt a 200 or 250 dx motor into a dt175. Do the up an under exhausts too so its a TDR 250 mx if you like.

Thats pointless as well with your logic.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online