FJ1100, any good? and what to watch out for?

wild foamy
This post is 3538 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh sorry mate only saw the DT125 on your list.

No worries dude I should update that!

This thread makes me want a FJ!

I'm sure I could find you a nice one!!

This thread makes me want another FJ!!

Get on it tasky! Would be massive overkill for my commute but screw it!

Get on it tasky! Would be massive overkill for my commute but screw it!

But do I get another like the one I already have, or a different model....?

If your going to Plymouth You can always stop off at my gaff for a cuppa if you want? clock up some more miles on the FJ.

Such a good looking bike i'd have one but look a bit too tall for my stupid titchy legs. :shakeno:

In Yeovil mate, bit of a dog leg route back to yours but if you want a ride then your more than welcome and gives me a reason not to do any more pissing decorating ha ha

Well the A30 Honiton road is a pretty nice road with some cool twisty bits but once your off that and onto the 303 it turns into a crappy dead straight duel carrage way.

If you want to know of any "nice" places to go in Yeovil.........................there is non, its about as good as a cock fighting tournament in bangcock, can be fun to start with but soon your being groped by something of the opposite sex (or are they??)

One the way to Londan on the A303 you will drive past the Haynes Museium, now that is probably the only good thing around this way apart from the fleet air arm but thats Navy / RAF so we wont go there as we'll soon start licking windows and chasing men.

Basically Yeovil is one of those towns that think its a city, looks like a Typical Farmer town in places but then looks like a city in other places. Quite a few good pubs tho.

May have to take a rain check as we are going on holiday next week and I'm gonna be pushed for time to get down there, and back and get all my stuff ready.

Even so. I'm excited! I haven't ridden a bike since squires last year, it's gonna be so amazeballs!

I'm on a train, there's lots of hippy looking festival people here and the only place I could find to sit was just outside the shitters, also it smells of sick, but it's okay because I'm (Hopefully) on a one way ticket :D

• Like 1

Bought it,and ehmagerd this thing is the nuts, bit odd not having to change gear so much and it gets a move on alright!.

R1 calipers on the front and a scottoiler aswell :) all it needs is a belly pan and some crash bars and I'm sorted.

DSC_0139_zpsu22kyeez.jpg

Also... The guy I bought it off offered me an FJ1100 (in bits and missing engine) for free! :), only downside is it'd cost me £100 in diesel to go get it.

• Like 2

Good on you Steve! I see quite a few of these on my commute, and they always grab my attention - sound great and fly!

Bet you're enjoying being back on a bike after all this time...