Selling the XJ 750 What price?

slice
This post is 3541 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ha Ha Ha that's not a smirk it's a grimace. he revved the nuts off it, oh well now have to find something else to fiddle with, was thinking a 2 stroke as everyone on here seems to think they are the dogs nuts. Might look at one of those little 125 jobbies.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

NOOOOOOOOO not another "I want to make my 125 go 1000 mph LOL"

I will take it to Beachy head (Cliff top) and I bet it's doing 150mph by the time it reaches the bottom Ha Ha Ha. :biglaugha:

• Like 2

...and as if by magic

If you don't like the Who fast forward to 3.00

• Like 1

I will take it to Beachy head (Cliff top) and I bet it's doing 150mph by the time it reaches the bottom Ha Ha Ha. :biglaugha:

:idea: & also if you put Kev on it, it might do 180 mph

• Like 1

Do you know what Jimmy that was exactly the picture I had in mind, must have seen it at the pictures and was stuck back there in the not any use file !!

Tommy Kev will be having a few WORDS when you meet a Squires. :biglaugha:

• Like 1

I am starting to want a scooter of some kind. Not a speedflight thing but a Vespa type. I have only ridden one once, in about 1980 and that was for about 100 yards. I seem to remember that it was really bad.

Have you seen the PRICE of those things? They make stupid money, but having said that if I can find a doer upper then you never know. But saw a Vespa frame plus V5 on ebay and it went for £900 a few weeks ago.

It wouldn't get over 124mph terminal velosity for a skydiver is 124 mph or 54 ft per sec so would matter if you put foams or kev on it LOL

WE had a yam 180 scooter years ago for a pit bike it was a blast that thing got crashed so many times,I think just about anyone who got on it crashed it the tires don't work so good on wet grass,sand,mud well just about any surface.It was on loan from the local yam dealer LMAO they didn't want it back when they seen it.I wonder what happened to it?

Do you know what Jimmy that was exactly the picture I had in mind, must have seen it at the pictures and was stuck back there in the not any use file !!

Tommy Kev will be having a few WORDS when you meet a Squires. :biglaugha:

I'll buy him brekki at the Oilcan cafe it'll be fine :eusa_shifty:

I am starting to want a scooter of some kind. Not a speedflight thing but a Vespa type. I have only ridden one once, in about 1980 and that was for about 100 yards. I seem to remember that it was really bad.

I had a spin round the block on my youngest daughters scooter. I just couldn't get over the idea of sitting 'in' it rather than on it. She likes it so I suppose it's each to their own. Eldest daughter lives in Notting Hill and it seems to be wall to wall Vespas there, most of them ridden by hipsters looking too cool for school so I can't imagine they do their own maintenance.

...and as if by magic

If you don't like the Who fast forward to 3.00

Back in the late 60's a lot of my old school mates got scooters, I couldn't stand them and thought they were like spin dryers on wheels and I went down the bike route,when that film came out I still couldn't stand them and when that scooter when over the cliff I stood up in the cinema and shouted "result" or something similar. Of course these days I'm much more tolerant and if that's what floats your boat then that's fine by me.

• Like 1

I'm not as old as you, meat, but when I got my first bike a few of my mates had vespas and we used to a wee bit of friendly rivalry laughingly saying the Mod revival would never last. This was about 1981-2. This summer I have seen more groups of scooters than ever before and certainly appears to be a much healthier 'scene' up here anyway.

Mopeds definitely outnumber motorbikes in London these days (or so it feels)... The look is a Vespa, dapper suit, Ray Bans and one of those MOMO helmets.

And those 3-wheeled Piaggio scooters have really caught on. You can ride them with a car licence and no L plates.

I had a spin round the block on my youngest daughters scooter. I just couldn't get over the idea of sitting 'in' it rather than on it. She likes it so I suppose it's each to their own. Eldest daughter lives in Notting Hill and it seems to be wall to wall Vespas there, most of them ridden by hipsters looking too cool for school so I can't imagine they do their own maintenance.

I couldn't get that your legs had to come out to the side to miss the footboard.

I am actually a Londoner myself and spent around 30 years riding around the town.

Mopeds definitely outnumber motorbikes in London these days (or so it feels)... The look is a Vespa, dapper suit, Ray Bans and one of those MOMO helmets.

And those 3-wheeled Piaggio scooters have really caught on. You can ride them with a car licence and no L plates.

Nowt wrong with Raybans. As for open lids, providing the weather is ok next weekend, my open face helmet and halcyon goggles are coming to the annual event with me.

I'm not as old as you, meat, but when I got my first bike a few of my mates had vespas and we used to a wee bit of friendly rivalry laughingly saying the Mod revival would never last. This was about 1981-2. This summer I have seen more groups of scooters than ever before and certainly appears to be a much healthier 'scene' up here anyway.

Riding the Surrey and Hampshire roads this summer I've see hundreds of scooters on the road, they seem to fall into two groups, the first are old farts like me who in the main are riding their original machines from the 60's and are quite rightly proud of mint condition scooters and the second are young uns that have gone for the retro look. Sadly the last group of young uns that I saw were coming out of the local crem, it seems that they had lost one of their own, I think I pissed off some car drivers behind me but I stopped and let what seemed like hundreds of scooters out in front of me, it just seemed to be the right thing to do.

• Like 2

Nowt wrong with Raybans. As for open lids, providing the weather is ok next weekend, my open face helmet and halcyon goggles are coming to the annual event with me.

No, nothing wrong with Rays, I have a pair myself. Likewise, nothing wrong with an open face helmet - just very much noticed that it's the hipster look around London at the moment.

ac72a2a5fa69b2a20d2a639582784e6e.jpg

This is my problem with open faced helmets. If I'd been wearing one on this particular day I wouldn't have much of a face left.

• Like 1