Carb issue DT175

Alex DT 175 1974
This post is 3485 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey

So I took the carb apart, replaced the O ring, the needle valve set and the gasket.

I cleaned it up well with carburetor cleaner.

Put it back together and now my bike start with choke and one kick.

The thing is that the RPMs are really high and if I try to push the choke back in, the rpms get out of control.

This doesn't make sense to me since I thought that when you pull the choke out is when you engage it and a richer mixture of gas goes in.

For a moment I thought the accelerator cable was caught on something or too tight to I loosened it, but nothing.

I tried playing with the air intake and the idle but no luck . And I followed the direction on the manual for one turn on the air intake

Any ideas of what it could be?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You might get a better responce in the workshop section Alex.

Hi

Yeh, start a workshop thread,

when you say the revs are high, if by mistake you have put the throttle slide in back to front the bike will rev really high as the slide will be held open,

there is a little steel dowel pin in the inside wall of the carburettor body that locates the slide also you can see on the slide there is a little sloped portion that the idle screw pushes on, noting either of these will ensure that the slide is fitted correctly, I have fitted the slide wrong a few times,

Yep you got the slide in backwards. cut out part at the bottom goes air box side

It has a guide slot in the slide. That runs on the opposite side to the idle speed adjuster. That pushes on an angled part of the slide.

Very easy to do.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, new here. I have a '92 DT175 and I'm trying to tak the Carburetor off the bike. However I can't seem to detach the autolube hose, i don't want to force it in case I break something. Does it just slide off? or do i need to do something 'special'? I have a copy of the service and repair manual, but it's the photocopy one that's floating around and so the images are crap and therefore doesn't really answer my question.

Any advice would be well received.

Regards.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online