My wife is doing race for life.

Noise
This post is 3555 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys and gals,

My wife is running the race for life this coming Sunday and i was wondering if any of you wouldn't mind helping her raise her target of just £100?

As like many people she has lost some very close people in her familey to cancer and in the 10 years that we have been together she has lost 5 of her nearest and dearest two within 3 months of each other and also her older sster who past away at the age of just 30.

She has only set a target of £100 as she knows that time are tough and if people can only afford 50p then thats still better than slapping a sloppy poo.

Here is her just giving page and i will post pictures of her doing the event and most likely crawling on the deck as she hasn't ran in about 8 years :biglaugha:

https://www.justgiving.com/lauraraquet/

Many thanks in advance

Keith & Laura

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thank you very much Dirty, truely greatful and will hopefully get a chance to return the favour :beerchug:

Laura said thank you for your donation

I'll do a tenner as well Noise, just let me know where to send it (not to your favourite pub!!) I can do Paypal if that helps. :hyper:

Hey slice, pay to the yellow wagtail if possible? Haha.

Just click the link in the first post and there should be a button on her just giving page and the money then goes straight to the charity (or she might have to click something for it to go to them but we ain't got to that stage yet.) but its as easy as that mate.

Thank you

Thanks you Airhead ;)

Well she has now set herself a target to finish the 5k in an hour only problem with that is we have just confirmed that she is 7 weeks pregnant with our second child so may have to walk this event now depending how she feels.

Noise

Firstly congrats on your news, secondly, the better half doesn't need to run, walking is fine. My wife has done the Glasgow RFL for the last 4 or 5 years, never run yet and every year ends in me picking her and her pals up from the pub at the end of the night

Donation done mate

Thanks you Airhead ;)

Well she has now set herself a target to finish the 5k in an hour only problem with that is we have just confirmed that she is 7 weeks pregnant with our second child so may have to walk this event now depending how she feels.

Hold on fella! That is the same excuse Foamy used to get out of his run after we all paid. Oh well, at least I still have some T shirt money left.

Congrats to you both.

• Like 1

Haha, yer i know mate but as we all know foamy cant see much through to the end, If i remember he still has a turbo to start work on :biglaugha:

she has decided to do a slow jog / walk on the day so as long as she takes on plenty of water then all should be grand.

Thank you Jimmy

All done Noise, wish her luck from all of us. :jossun:

All recieved mate, thank you very much.

She's over the moon right now, i keep getting texts from her telling me to give her thanks to you all and she's very touched (not sure by who but he better be rich to pay for another bike or they can split up now)

• Like 1

Run Laura run, done :hyper:

take it easy Laura, don't overdue it in your condition you could always get a piggyback off your Hubby most of the way. I'd pay extra to see that

• Like 1

That seems fair Tommy as she has been carrying him for all these years !!!!! :biglaugha:

• Like 1

Well she's done it and in a very good time of 53minutes it actually took longer to get out of the flipping car park.

Thank you to all of you that donated all in all she managed to raise £375.

Here she is before the race.

DSC_0713_zpsn2wgak5i.jpg

After, just about to eat

DSC_0714_zpsspq400pa.jpg

Medal to say she's done it

DSC_0716_zps5lxkzppv.jpg

Proud yet grumpy nikki

DSC_0715_zpsebentknc.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online