Put the expensive juice in yesterday .......

DutchFJ1200
This post is 3633 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Gents,

Many thanks for your clarification so far. Very enlightening.

Nobrainer for me then with a 1989 machine. That first tank is up for replenishment on Tuesday morning.

Wont think twice which nozzle to go for.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Glad you got someting out of this,,,,,, no eth =good................. eth = bad ..............happy riding

Task if your going to keep riding that bike for years to come guess you better stock up on carbs/parts then????

Hmm, me too. Figured without any diaphrans or rubbers to speak of I was okish as I have lined the tank.

I will be changing, although that doesent take long with a 2 gallon tank.

Good info ta!

Indeed - The owners of 1978 model FJ1100s are NOT happy... There's a reason I chose the 92 version!

Yeah I can see that, seeing as the problem bikes are pre 2000?

er?

So in short, I'd be better off using Super in my '94 SR?

based on all the info that I have read up on, i'd say definitely yes

youve got to bear in mind that the condition of the internals (i guess) is unknown, and that erthanol damge may already be underway

Filled up with premium just now with only half a litre left in the tank so I make that about 0.0025% ethanol in 10 litres. Only cost a little more than normal. I'll keep you posted if it increases mpg.

Task if your going to keep riding that bike for years to come guess you better stock up on carbs/parts then????

Already sorted.

I've a pile of NOS bits already, but so long as they keep doing <10% Ethanol fuel, it should be OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've run a couple of tanks through and averaging out at about 77/78 mpg so just under 10% more costing about 3% more :)

A little more money to scurry away towards my licence!!

My TDR runs cooler and cleaner on the good stuff.

I put a tank of 95 in and drained it back off to put in the car, really noticed after a week of 98.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online