Motorbike Tax E-Petition

GrumGrum
This post is 3705 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

I did a quick search to see if this was already posted sorry if it was I didn't see it.

but in order to get a better tax rate etc for bikes I think its a great idea.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/48869

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

they got over 10,000 sigs and DVLA replied, basically saying the C0 data is not recorded for bikes so the fairest was was to tax on CC''s

go figure

I "think" some time this year they are doing away with displaying tax discs all together as the police can check to see if your TAX insured and MOT'd via the ANPR system so atleast we dont have to buy a new tax disc holder every year as the ally ones rot / brake all the time.

But its still a piss take that we produce less Co2 than most cars yet still get slammed with paying more tax yet we do less damage to the roads and help reduce congesgeon congestion screw it you all know what i mean. :eusa_whistle:

• Like 2

Petitioning OUR government for less taxes?

HAAAHH. yeah that will work! :eusa_whistle:

So cynical, so young... :icon_wink:

• Like 1

So cynical, so young... :icon_wink:

Not wrong though

• Like 1

Any changes they make, you can be certain they"l be better off, not us.. :eusa_snooty:

Speaking from a 2stroke view. Emmisions, low er...........30mpg from 250cc. ummmm

Anyhow it will only matter on the new stuff. They are all tree friendly (er) than the old stuff. Congestion issues are a fair but brutally ignored point, on that basis seeing it as an unescapable benefit with no counter argument there is nothing good coming from whatever the government waffle says. Waffle was used specifically there as I have yet to here proper argument from a politition or civil 'servant'.

Sorry, bad day.....

I think quite few bike have poor Co2 and would have worked out costly for some.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online